The Rowing Channel
A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (March 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for web content. (January 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||San Francisco, California, United States|
|Headquarters||Huntington Beach, California, United States|
|No. of locations||
Long Beach, California
|Owner||Netrendity Networks, LLC|
|Parent||The Rowers Consortium of Huntington Harbour, California|
TRC, which is the operating trade name of The Rowing Channel, is a podcast network currently owned and funded by Netrendity Networks, LLC, which broadcasts live events of collegiate rowing regattas in the western United States with the addition of two major events in Gainesville, GA and Boston, MA. The channel is managed by The Rowers Consortium of Huntington Harbour, California, a cooperative of west-coast colleges, universities and rowing organizations with two major members currently located in Atlanta, GA and Cambridge, MA. Formed by volunteers from its member organizations, TRC's operation is a cooperative effort made up of content partners, rowing venues, and broadcast partners. TRC's content is currently delivered through Livestream, LLC.
TRC's inception was formed February 2014.
In Summer 2017, for its biggest broadcasts such as the HOCR, TRC became a managing partner of the operation with Iron Will Productions in Los Angeles, California.
In 2018, TRC was brought in as a special consultant to the audio/video operation of the San Diego Crew Classic, whose broadcast is coordinated by USRowing. A time-brokerage agreement with the PAC-12 Network is pending to extend coverage to UC Los Angeles and Marina Del Rey.
Current lineup of events include, but not limited to:
- Orange Coast Newport Regatta
- Head of the Charles Regatta
- American Collegiate Rowing Association National Championships
- Western Intercollegiate Rowing Association Regional Championships
- Related activities in the City of Long Beach, CA
- Naples Island Collegiate Rowing Challenge (The Queen Mary Cup)
- Orange Coast College
- California State University, Long Beach
- Western Intercollegiate Rowing Association
- American Collegiate Rowing Association
- Head of the Charles Regatta
- Iron Will Productions, Los Angeles
- Brandin.com Internet Services
The ClockCaster Project
In efforts to provide TRC's viewers with on-screen information, Netrendity Networks launched the ClockCaster Project, a self-publishing platform for sports timing results. Currently in "Beta 3", the project started in Fall 2015, specifically working with rowing and canoe/kayak events.
- Livestream, LLC
- CSULB Partners with Livestream's Rowing Channel | http://www.beachcrew.org/2014/04/24/csulb-partners-with-livestreams-rowing-channel/
- College teams flock to Lake Lanier for American Collegiate Rowing Association national championship | https://www.gainesvilletimes.com/sports/high-schools/college-teams-flock-to-lake-lanier-for-american-collegiate-rowing-association-national-championship/
- Head of the Charles Broadcast | http://www.hocr.org/
- "ClockCaster - a self-publishing platform for timing results. Timing for the rest of us..." clockcaster.com. Retrieved 2018-01-17.