The Royal School, Hampstead
The Royal School, Hampstead, was an exclusive independent girls' day and boarding school located in Hampstead, London, England. The school was founded in 1855 by Queen Victoria and for 200 years has educated girls aged 3-18. The school has had 2 longstanding royal patron's, the first was Queen Victoria for 70 years and the second HRH Princess Alexandra who retired in 2005 after 50 years of service. The newest patron is the Duchess of Cornwall, Camilla Parker Bowle. In 2011, the school merged with North Bridge House School at the end of the academic year (2011/12) under the management of Cognita.
The London Borough of Camden has consistently suffered severe congestion because of parents ferrying their children to and from school by car. However, The Royal School introduced a range of initiatives to help address this problem.
The school site is now used as a senior campus of North Bridge House School.
The Royal School was founded in 1855 by Queen Victoria and Prince Albert as the Soldiers' Infant Home before becoming the Royal Soldiers' Daughters' School. It was the first school established "to nurse, board, clothe and educate the female children, orphans or not, of soldiers in Her Majesty's Army killed in the Crimean War". The school has a memorial site in the Hampstead Cemetery on Holly Walk to the daughters family members who were lost in the war. The school site was redeveloped in the 1970s after a fire destroyed much of the beautiful architecture. The land was divided and sold to refund the rebuild of the school - into the modern complex you see today on Vane Close.  The last patron of the school was Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall. The Duchess visited the school, on 25 February 2009, to thank them for their fund raising activities for her charity, the National Osteoporosis Society.
- "The Royal School Hampstead", Independent Schools Council.
- "Examinations Report 2008", The Royal School, Hampstead.
- "Hard to convince parents to ditch cars", Paula Dear, BBC News, 17 September, 2003.
- "MBE for London dentist", British Dental Journal, 28 August 2004.
- "Former pupils look back at 150 years of school history", Caroline McClatchey, Hampstead and Highgate Express, 8 July 2005.
- "Duchess of Cornwall Visits Schoolgirls Raising Funds for Charity", The Royal Forums, 25 February 2009.
- "Camilla on royal visit at Hampstead school", Hampstead and Highgate Express, 25 February 2009.