The Sandbox (video game)
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (March 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Release||May 15, 2012|
The game is entitled "The Sandbox" because it allows the user the freedom to create whatever they wish to, commonly referred to in video games as "sandbox mode". The player takes the role of "Deity apprentice" and sets about crafting his or her own universe through the exploration of resources such as water, soil, lightning, lava, sand, glass, and many more complex elements such as humans, wildlife, and mechanical contraptions. Players encounter tasks like using water and dirt to make mud, and challenges like making a battery or building an electrical circuit. Players can save worlds they have created and also upload them to a public gallery.
The Sandbox was downloaded over 40 million times. Its sequel is called: "The Sandbox Evolution".
- Pixel art / Voxel graphic style
- Available on Android, iPhone & iPad (Retina Display compatible)
- Touch based controls
- 24 campaigns—343 game levels in all
- Online Gallery for sharing created and browsing worlds
The Sandbox has a 3.5 star overall review on Amazon.
- Takahashi, Dean (August 26, 2018). "Animoca Brands acquires Sandbox game developer Pixowl for $4.875 million". VentureBeat. Retrieved August 27, 2018.
- "User-Generated Content meets NFTs within The Sandbox". The Sandbox. July 24, 2018. Retrieved August 27, 2018.
- "The Sandbox for iPhone/iPad Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved 2015-03-08.