The Sawtooth Grin
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (January 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|The Sawtooth Grin|
|Origin||Montrose, New York, USA|
|Years active||1999–2004; 2009–2012|
|Labels||Dead by 1918|
|Associated acts||Cloacal Kiss
Horse the Band
The Number Twelve Looks Like You
|Past members||Will Joel
John E. Hickey III
The Sawtooth Grin is a mathcore band from Montrose, New York, formed in 1999. The group's first and only official release, Cuddlemonster, was put out on the now defunct label Dead by 1918 in 2001. Pervavor, a three track EP, was later recorded and intended to be released on CD format; however, due to the group's disbandment in late 2004 it was only released as a free download on their website. In late 2009, the band got back together and began work on new material, recruiting Jon Karel of The Number Twelve Looks Like You fame as the new drummer and Kevin Lowney as the new bassist.
In 2012, the group announced that they had begun work on a new full-length titled Jabberwocky; however, an album never surfaced. Demo material written and recorded during that period has leaked onto the Internet, being referred to by fans as JabberWocky's Demos. Also announced in 2012 were plans to press Cuddlemonster on vinyl; however, much like Jabberwocky it was never released. The band silently broke up later that year, partially due to scheduling conflicts, and members have gone on to claim that it is unlikely for a second reunion to happen since each member is now working on different projects and have families.
- Current members
- Rich Lombardi – Vocals (Cloacal Kiss, Snake Baptist, Old Painless)
- Jay Springman – Guitar
- Kevin Lowney – Bass
- Jon Karel – Drums (ex-The Number Twelve Looks Like You, ex-Horse the Band)
- Former members
- Will Joel – Guitar
- Chris Lombardi – Bass
- John E. Hickey III – Bass
- Mike Lynards – Bass
- Chris Russell – Bass (ex-The Number Twelve Looks Like You)
- Thomas Robertine – Drums (ex-Making April)
- Cuddlemonster (2001, Dead by 1918)
- Pervavor (2004)
- N/A (September 7, 2011). "From The Archive: The Sawtooth Grin's Cuddlemonster". HeavyBlogIsHeavy.com. Heavy Blog Is Heavy. Retrieved September 7, 2011.
- N/A. "Cloacal Kiss Interview". grindingtheapparatus.net. Grinding The Apparatus. Retrieved December 11, 2006.
- N/A. "Sawtooth Grin Recruits The Number 12 Drummer". Lambgoat.com. Lambgoat. Retrieved January 26, 2010.
- N/A. "Update On The Sawtooth Grin". heavyblogisheavy.com. Heavy Blog Is Heavy. Retrieved March 22, 2012.
- Coffman, Steven. "The Sawtooth Grin Prep Vinyl Reissue". thepunksite.com. The Punk Site. Retrieved February 2, 2012.
- SHEEPS X CLOTHING (March 19, 2017). "EPISODE 29: THE SAWTOOTH GRIN REUNION INTERVIEW". Retrieved July 17, 2017 – via YouTube.
- "Artists - Vic Firth". VicFirth.com. Retrieved July 17, 2017.
- ""Zildjian: Jon Karel"". Zildjian.com. Retrieved July 17, 2017.