The School of Life
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||Three 13 Solutions, Campus London LLP, ELOE Limited, STOA Limited.|
|Founder||Alain de Botton|
The School of Life is an educational company that offers advice on life issues. It was founded in 2008 and based in branches in London (headquarters), Antwerp, Amsterdam, Berlin, Istanbul, Melbourne, Paris, São Paulo, Sydney, Seoul, Taipei and Tel Aviv. The School offers a variety of programmes and services covering finding fulfilling work, mastering relationships, achieving calm, and understanding and changing the world. The School also offers psychotherapy and bibliotherapy services and runs online and physical shops.
Some critics think de Botton's approach is shallow and unhelpful: "Yet the real issue with de Botton’s new book, and the others in the How To series, is not simply a lack of depth but one of purpose: they are certainly shallow in their philosophy, but they are not particularly useful either. The books are combination platters of soft science, anecdotal case studies (some real, some fictional), and exercises or suggestions about steps the reader could take to further his or her goal." Some critics suggest that selling philosophical ideas as therapy is problematic, but others suggest it has merit: "But even those who are cynical about the combination of profit and philosophy may find The School of Life’s non-fiction series substantive." 
The London branch of The School of Life has a small shop on Marchmont Street in Central London.
- "Campus London LLP – Overview (free company information from Companies House)".
- "Fresh findings point to solution for financial education". FTAdviser. Financial Times. May 31, 2017. Retrieved 2017-06-20.
- "Londoner's Diary: Alain De Botton and his school exit Europe". London Evening Standard. April 10, 2017. Retrieved 2017-06-20.
- "The School of Life: An Interview With Alain de Botton". HuffPost. Retrieved 2017-06-20.
- Wyndham, Susan. "Alain de Botton and his School of Life come to Sydney". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 2017-06-20.
- "International Opportunities". The School of Life. Retrieved 20 September 2016.
- "About Us". The School of Life. Retrieved 7 March 2015.
- Conrad, Peter (1 September 2013). "Life Lessons from... Bergson, Byron, Freud, Hobbes, Kierkegaard, Nietzsche – review". The Guardian. Retrieved 7 January 2015.
- "Faculty". The School of Life. Retrieved 7 December 2016.
- Coombes, Phil (4 October 2010). "Street photography now". BBC News. Retrieved 7 December 2016.
- ""How To Think More (But Not Better): Alain de Botton's School of Life" By Lisa Levy. Los Angeles Review of Books. 11 May 2013".
- ""When Philosophy Becomes Therapy" by Lauren Cassani Davis, The Atlantic 21 Sept. 2014".