The Search for Animal Chin
|The Search for Animal Chin|
|Directed by||Stacy Peralta|
|Produced by||Stacy Peralta|
|Written by||Paul Gross and John Smythe|
|Music by||Dennis Dragon, William Santschi|
The Search for Animal Chin is a 1987 skateboarding film featuring the Bones Brigade. It is one of the first skateboarding films to have a plot, rather than simply a collection of skateboarding stunts and music videos.
An early version of the screenplay by John Smythe, titled "The Rollersurfing Quest for Animal Chang", was damaged by some ranch dressing. Producer Stacy Peralta misread the name of the title character "Animal Chang" as "Animal Chin", and liked the name so much that the title and the character's name were officially changed.
The Bones Brigade travels around California, Nevada, and Hawaii to different skate spots in search of a wisened old man, Won Ton "Animal" Chin. The movie is of the old-school nomadic, skate-everything-in-your-path genre with interludes of stopping to rip-up a big ramp, pool or kicker. After much searching and skateboarding, they locate a large ramp in the desert. They also find a Chinese character on the inside of the ramp's spine. They conclude that in searching for Mr. Chin, they may have found his spirit.
- Tony Hawk - Himself
- Steve Caballero - Himself
- Mike McGill - Himself
- Lance Mountain - Himself
- Tommy Guerrero - Himself
- C. R. Stecyk, III - Emerson "Won Ton Animal" Chin - Himself (credited as Emerson Chin)
The film also includes:
- San Francisco Scene: Jim Thiebaud, Jesse Martinez, Bryce Kanights, Doug Smith
- Bakersfield Scene: Chris Borst, Bobby Reeves, Charlie Dubois, Ray Underhill, Adrian Demain, Donny Griffin, Kevin Lambert
- Rad Party Scene: Mike Vallely, Rodney Mullen, Per Welinder, Natas Kaupas, Arron Murray, Kevin HarrisJohnny Rad
- Animal Chin - a late-'90s ska-punk band named after the movie
- Animal Chin - a song by experimental jazz band Jaga Jazzist; the first on their acclaimed album A Livingroom Hush (2001).
|This article about a 1980s action film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This skateboarding-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|