The Secret Partner
|The Secret Partner|
|Directed by||Basil Dearden|
|Produced by||Michael Relph|
|Written by||David Pursall
|Music by||Philip Green|
|Edited by||Raymond Poulton|
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer British Studios
|15 March 1961 (Seattle, Washington) (U.S.)|
|Box office||636,428 admissions (France)|
The Secret Partner is a 1961 British thriller film directed by Basil Dearden and starring Stewart Granger, Haya Harareet and Bernard Lee. The screenplay concerns a shipping executive officer who is blackmailed by an evil dentist.
A wealthy London-based shipping executive officer is blackmailed by an evil dentist which threatens to reveal an old case of fraud, while the dentist himself is threaten by a mysterious masked man.
- Stewart Granger as John Brent, aka John Wilson
- Haya Harareet as Nicole 'Nikki' Brent
- Bernard Lee as Detective Superintendent Frank Hanbury
- Hugh Burden as Charles Standish
- Lee Montague as Detective Inspector Tom Henderson
- Melissa Stribling as Helen Standish
- Conrad Phillips as Dr. Alan Richford
- John Lee as Clive Lang
- Norman Bird as Ralph Beldon
- Peter Illing as Strakarios
- Basil Dignam as Lyle
- William Fox as Brinton
Filming started 1 September 1960.
The film was Haya Harareet's first film since Ben Hur.
In Allmovie, Eleanor Mannikka called the film a "routine mystery story"; while in the Radio Times, Allen Eyles noted "an implausible but ingenious British thriller...flashily directed by Basil Dearden...It remains watchable thanks to some skilful characterisation and the strong performances of Stewart Granger as the executive, Norman Bird as the dentist, and Bernard Lee as the dogged, chain-smoking policeman looking forward to retirement."
- Hollywood scripters mine other media. (17 January 1961). The Christian Science Monitor (1908-Current File) Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/510205377
- Box office information for Stewart Granger films in France at Box Office Story
- denscul (6 October 1961). "The Secret Partner (1961)". IMDb.
- "The Secret Partner". BFI.
- Of local origin. (26 July 1960). New York Times (1923-Current File) Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/115197600
- Haya harareet busy in european films. (5 May 1961). Los Angeles Times (1923-Current File) Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/167965404
- "The Secret Partner (1961) - Trailers, Reviews, Synopsis, Showtimes and Cast - AllMovie". AllMovie.
- Allen Eyles. "The Secret Partner". RadioTimes.
|This article related to a British film of the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a 1960s thriller film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|