The Secret Tent
|The Secret Tent|
|Directed by||Don Chaffey|
|Written by||Jan Read|
|Based on||the play The Secret Tent by Elizabeth Addyman|
Respectable wife Ruth attempts to conceal her secret past as a criminal from neighbours and from her husband Chris. However, when a neighbour is burgled and Ruth mysteriously disappears, she becomes the police's prime suspect. Husband Chris searches the city for Ruth, in hopes of proving her innocence.
- Donald Gray as Chris Martyn
- Andrée Melly as Ruth Martyn
- Jean Anderson as Mrs. Martyn
- Sonia Dresdel as Miss Mitchum-Browne
- Andrew Cruickshank as Inspector Thornton
- Dinah Ann Rogers as Sally
- Peter Hammond as Smith
- Conrad Phillips as Sergeant
- Gareth Tandy as Philip
Sky Movies wrote, "talented director Don Chaffey, who later made The Man Upstairs, Jason and the Argonauts and A Jolly Bad Fellow treats novelettish material with some flair in this story of a former `bad girl' whose past threatens her present happiness."
- "The Secret Tent (1956)". BFI.
- "Movie search results for "the secret tent" - AllMovie". AllMovie.
- "The Secret Tent - Pinewood filming location". pinewoodgroup.com.
- "Secret Tent". Find and Watch.
|This article about a crime drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a British film of the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|