The Secret of the Submarine
|The Secret of the Submarine|
|Directed by||George L. Sargent|
|Written by||Richard Barry|
|Distributed by||Mutual Film|
The heroes must keep the titular submarine from falling into the hands of the Russians or Japanese.
- Juanita Hansen as Cleo Burke. This was Juanita Hansen's serial debut.
- Tom Chatterton as Lt. Jarvis Hope
- Hylda Hollis as Olga Ivanoff
- Lamar Johnstone as Gerald Morton
- George Clancey as Hook Barnacle
- William Tedmarsh as Tatsuma
- Harry Edmondson as Sextus
- George Webb as Mahlin
- Hugh Bennett as Dr. Ralph Burke
- Joseph Beaudry as Calvin Montgomery
- Perry Banks
- Leona Hutton
- George Gebhardt
Secret of the submarine was written in the lead up to the United States' involvement in World War I by war correspondent Richard Barry. The serial was released 15 days after the Lusitania was torpedoed by a German sub.
- "Progressive Silent Film List: The Secret of the Submarine". Silent Era. Retrieved 2008-02-18.
- Stedman, Raymond William (1971). "2. The Perils of Success". Serials: Suspense and Drama By Installment. University of Oklahoma Press. p. 40. ISBN 978-0-8061-0927-5.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to The Secret of the Submarine.|
|This article about a silent adventure film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|