The Segal Group
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Human resources, actuarial and benefits consulting|
|Headquarters||New York City, New York
Offices in the U.S. and Canada
|President and CEO: David Blumenstein; Chairman: Howard Fluhr|
Number of employees
The Segal Group is a benefits and human resources consulting firm headquartered in New York City, with nearly 1,000 employees throughout the U.S. and Canada. It is the parent of Segal Consulting, Sibson Consulting, Segal Select Insurance Services, Inc. and Segal Rogerscasey. Segal Group is privately held and employee owned, providing benefits and human resources consulting for multiemployer funds, public sector organizations and the private sector. Segal Group celebrated its 75th Anniversary in 2014.
Members of The Segal Group offer services in actuarial consulting, retirement benefits, health and group health benefits, compliance, communications, HR administration and technology, fiduciary liability insurance and fidelity bond brokerage, human capital, executive compensation, organization effectiveness, talent management, performance management, strategic workforce planning, compensation and rewards, sales force effectiveness and investment solutions consulting. One of Segal Group's divisions, Sibson Consulting, is a founding member of Multinational Group of Actuaries and Consultants (MGAC), now comprising 25 actuarial consulting firms employing over 6000 people across six continents.
- October, 1939: Martin E. Segal founded the company, then known as the Martin E. Segal Company.
- 1954: The first office outside of New York was established in Chicago. Additional offices have since opened around the U.S. and in Canada.
- 1967: The company was sold to what was then known as Wertheim and Company, an investment banking firm.
- 1978: The company is repurchased by company management and employees, and was again known as the Martin E. Segal Company
- 1991: The business rebranded as The Segal Company.
- 2001: Segal acquires Marjorie Gross and Company, an employee communications consulting firm.
- 2002: Segal acquires Sibson Consulting, a human resources consulting firm.
- 2006: Segal acquires Irwin Tepper Associates, Inc., a consulting firm that specializes in asset/liability analysis for employee benefit programs and other organizations.
- 2010: Segal acquires Aon Consulting's multiemployer defined benefit plan and related consulting business in the United States.
- 2012: Segal's investment consulting affiliate, Segal Advisors, acquires Rogerscasey, a global investment consulting firm, now known as Segal Rogerscasey.
- 2013: Segal Rogerscasey and Frontier Advisors of Australia announce the establishment of the Global Investment Research Alliance. The objective of the Alliance is to share research on investment managers among member firms across global regions.
- 2013: Segal's Fiduciary Liability Insurance Practice is incorporated as the insurance brokerage subsidiary of The Segal Group, Inc. and named Segal Select Insurance Service, Inc.
- 2013: The business and all divisions rebrand as The Segal Group.
- 2014: The Segal Group acquires a portion of the business of Moroni Fantin, an employee benefits consulting firm located in the Detroit, Michigan area specializing in working with Michigan-area and other national, mid-market, self-insured health plans.
- 2014: The Global Investment Research Alliance is expanded to include the U.K. and European markets, with the addition of LCP as its third member.
- 2014: Segal acquired the assets of the Human Resources Consulting Services Group of The Waters Consulting Group, Inc. and combined it with Segal's Public Sector Compensation and Bargaining Practice. The combined entity, Segal Waters Consulting, provides compensation and human resources consulting solutions to public sector entities.
- 2014: The Segal Group celebrates its 75th anniversary.