The Shadow (video game)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
North American cover art
|Genre(s)||Beat 'em up|
The gameplay is similar to other Beat 'em up games such as Final Fight or Double Dragon, where the player controls The Shadow through several levels fighting against several enemies. The player has two bars; one is the life bar and a bar that allows the player to perform special attacks (invisibility, gun play, speed running, a dome shield that knocks out everyone who hits it). It also contains a driving stage where The Shadow battles Mongols on motorbikes (Maritech Labs), and roughly follows the plot of the movie.
A version of the game was also being developed and planned to be published by Ocean Software for the Atari Jaguar CD as one of the first games announced for the then-upcoming add-on, however, development on the port was scrapped in favor of creating a conversion of Lobo, an unreleased fighting game based on the DC Comics character of the same name that was also in development by Ocean.
- Preview: Nintendo Power #67 (December 1994)
- "The Shadow - Super NES". IGN. Retrieved 18 October 2016.
- Laraque, J.A. (May 19, 2011). "Unreleased: The Shadow". ObsoleteGamer.com. Archived from the original on 2018-03-10. Retrieved 18 October 2016.
- Ripper, The (April 1994). "Europa!". GameFan. Vol. 2 no. 5. Shinno Media. p. 136.
- Ripper, The (May 1994). "Europa!". GameFan. Vol. 2 no. 6. Shinno Media. pp. 132–134.
- "The Game Fan 32Bit System Shoot Out - Who Will Lead Us Into The Next Generation?". GameFan. Vol. 2 no. 7. Shinno Media. June 1994. pp. 146–147.
- "Warpzone - Jaguar - Angekündigte Jaguar-Spiele". Video Games (in German). No. 32. Future-Verlag. July 1994. p. 32. Archived from the original on 2018-08-04. Retrieved 2019-01-05.
- "Finals". Next Generation. No. 3. Imagine Media. March 1995. p. 103.