The Shocker (band)
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Years active||2002 - 2006|
|Labels||Oglio Records, Go-Kart Records|
|Past members||Lura Jones, Arye Shine, Claudi Rossi, Steve Muscatell, Leah Casper, Keith Fertwagner|
Finch formed the band in Los Angeles in 2002 and stated that the first members were temporary, which led to a revolving line-up. The band takes its name from the hand gesture the shocker, a sexual innuendo.
In July 2003, The Shocker released their debut EP, Up Your Ass Tray, which contained seven songs. Finch was the primary songwriter, vocalist and guitarist for the group. Finch said that they wanted to show more of their "darker side"; some of the songs were considered more pop than rock. News-Times music reviewer Laurel Tuohy described The Shocker as “gritty, raw and infectious”.
In 2006, the group released a full-length album entitled Up Your Ass Tray: The Full Length, with songs apropos of a hard rock band added.
- Up Your Ass Tray EP (Oglio Records, 2003)
- Up Your Ass Tray – The Full Length (Go Kart, 2006)
- Steininger, Alex (April 2004). "INTERVIEW: The Shocker". In Music We Trust. Retrieved September 15, 2019.
- Cray, Jen (December 1, 2006). "Music Reviews: The Shocker - Up Your Ass Tray". Ink 19. Retrieved September 14, 2019.
- Tuohy, Laurel (June 25, 2004). "L7's Jennifer Finch brings The Shocker to Empress Ballroom". The News-Times. Retrieved September 14, 2019.