Downtown Summerlin (shopping center)
|Opening date||October 9, 2014|
|Developer||Howard Hughes Corp|
|Management||Howard Hughes Corp|
|Owner||Howard Hughes Corp|
|No. of stores and services||125|
|No. of anchor tenants||2|
|No. of floors||Multi building, open air|
|Public transit access||RTC Transit on site|
Downtown Summerlin shopping center, initially developed as The Shops at Summerlin Centre, is an outdoor business, entertainment, fashion and retail district that is part of a mixed use development Downtown Summerlin within the affluent community of Summerlin, Nevada. The center provides about 1,600,000 square feet (150,000 m2) of retail and 200,000 square feet (19,000 m2) of business space.
On May 15, 2014, it was announced that the mall would be part of Downtown Summerlin and would open on October 9, 2014, with 125 stores. Under The Howard Hughes Corporation, Downtown Summerlin's grand opening was held on October 9, 2014.
Design and construction
The mall was being built by General Growth Properties with development beginning on 106 acres (43 ha) in 2007. The location is along Clark County 215 just south of Red Rock Casino. Because of the previous state business in 2008, construction was halted in 2008. On February 24, 2010, GGP spun off development into The Howard Hughes Corporation. In 2012, Howard Hughes Corp. announced that the Shops at Summerlin Centre will resume construction in 2013 and will open in 2014 several major tenants. Downtown Summerlin's official grand opening took place on October 9, 2014.
- Dillard's - 200,000 square feet (19,000 m2), 2 story retail store
- Macy's - 180,000 square feet (17,000 m2), 2 story retail store
- California Pizza Kitchen
- Earl of Sandwich
- Five Guys
- Lazy Dog Cafe
- Moe's Southwest Grill
- Panda Express
- Red Robin
- Wetzel's Pretzels
Locally based restaurants
- Grape Street Cafe
- MTO Cafe
- "Big mall owner sees its future in town centers". New Urban News. June 2006. Archived from the original on 2008-06-08. Retrieved 2008-05-16.
- Robison, Jennifer (October 9, 2014). "After years on simmer, Downtown Summerlin sizzles". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved October 17, 2014.
- KNBC. May 15, 2014.
- KLas. May 15, 2015.
- THE SHOPS AT SUMMERLIN
- "New Anchors Announced at The Shops at Summerlin Centre" (Press release). StreetInsider.com. 2008-05-16. Retrieved 2008-05-16.
- McQuerrey, Lisa (2007-05-01). "Las Vegas Hungers for Retail". Penton Media, Inc. Retrieved 2008-05-16.
- Jane Ann Morrison (October 9, 2014). "Don’t look for a City Hall in Downtown Summerlin". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved October 17, 2014.
- CARROLL, LAURA. "Developer prepares Summerlin mall". Las Vegas Business Press. Retrieved 2008-05-16.
- Dillard's Joins The Shops at Summerlin
- "Dillard’s signs on for store at Shops at Summerlin". VEGAS INC. December 3, 2012. Retrieved December 3, 2012.
- "Developer says Shops at Summerlin retail center back on track with first anchor tenant". VEGAS INC. September 19, 2012. Retrieved December 3, 2012.
- Robison, Jennifer (October 4, 2014). "Las Vegas economy on a roll as Downtown Summerlin opens". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved February 26, 2016.