|Owner(s)||University of Texas at Arlington|
|Publisher||UTA Student Publications|
|Headquarters||Arlington, Texas, United States|
The Shorthorn is the campus newspaper for the University of Texas at Arlington. It is published online daily with a print digest on Wednesday during the fall and spring semesters. During the summer, it is published on Wednesday.
The Shorthorn has been in print since 1919. It is a fully functional student-run publication. The newspaper has won many awards for excellence in college journalism including the Columbia Scholastic Press Association Gold Crown award, the Texas Associated Press Managing Editors award, and the Texas Intercollegiate Press Sweepstakes award.
Notable staff alumni
- Michael Ainsworth - Pulitzer prize-winning photographer
- Tom Fox - Pulitzer prize-winning photographer
- Brad Loper - Pulitzer prize-winning photographer
- The Shorthorn - FAQ Archived 2009-09-15 at Archive.today
- UTA Student Publications 2004-2006 Biennial Report Archived September 4, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- "Pulitzer lifts alumni to the pinnacle of photography profession". Uta.edu. Archived from the original on 2014-10-25. Retrieved 2013-11-07.
|This article about a Texas newspaper is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|