(Redirected from The Shrike)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up shrike in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A shrike is a passerine bird of the family Laniidae.
Shrike may also refer to:
Other passerine birds known as shrikes:
- Helmetshrike (Prionopidae), an African family closely related to the true shrikes
- Bushshrike (Malaconotidae), another African family, also formerly considered true shrikes
- Cuckooshrike (Campephagidae), a widespread Old-World family
- Shrikebill (Clytorhynchus), an Australasian genus of monarch-flycatcher
- Shrike-tyrant (Agriornis), a South American genus of tyrant-flycatchers
- Australian magpie (Gymnorhina tibicen), the true piping shrike
- Magpie-lark (Grallina cyanoleuca), an Australian tyrant-flycatcher mistaken for the piping shrike
- Curtiss Shrike, several American combat aircraft of the 1930s
- USS Shrike, two US Navy ships
- Bell X-9 Shrike, a prototype surface-to-air guided missile
- AGM-45 Shrike, an American anti-radiation missile designed to home in on hostile antiaircraft radars
- RNAS Maydown, also known as HMS Shrike, a former Royal Navy Naval Air Station
- Ares Shrike 5.56, a belt-fed machine gun conversion kit
- The Shrike (play), a 1952 Pulitzer Prize–winning drama by Joseph Kramm
- The Shrike (film), a 1955 film based on the play
- Shrike (comics), the codename of a series of DC comics characters
- The Shrike, a monster in the Hyperion Cantos science fiction book series
- Shrike (Philip Reeve), a recurring character in Philip Reeve's Mortal Engines/Hungry City Chronicles novel series
- TB-81 Shrike, a medium bomber from the video game Wing Commander: Prophecy
- The Shrike, a character in Christie Malry's Own Double-Entry (1973), a novel by experimental English writer B. S. Johnson
- The Shrike, an enemy in Brute Force (video game)
- Shrike, a character in Nathanael West's novella Miss Lonelyhearts
- Shrike, a character in the computer game Red Faction II
- Shrike Scout Fighter, in the video game Tribes 2
- The Shrike Abyssal, a star system in the Mass Effect series.
- Lionel Shrike, a character in the films Now You See Me and Now You See Me 2
- "The Shrike", a poem written by Sylvia Plath in 1956
- Shrike (racing car), an Australian open-wheel racing car
- Shrike Commander, an Aero Commander aircraft
- United States Navy Strike Fighter Squadron 94, known as "The Mighty Shrikes"
- Focke-Wulf Fw 190 Würger ("shrike"), a German World War II fighter aircraft
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Shrike.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.