From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from The Shrine)
|Look up shrine in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A shrine is a holy or sacred place.
Shrine may also refer to:
- Shinto shrine, a "Jinja"
- List of shrines
- Shrine Catholic High School Royal Oak, Michigan
- Martyrs' Shrine, Roman Catholic church in Midland, Ontario, Canada
- Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe, La Crosse, Wisconsin
- Shrine of the Sacred Heart， Mount Pleasant / Columbia Heights
- National shrine a Catholic church or other sacred place
- Shrines to the Virgin Mary
- Note: The term "shrine" is sometimes used incorrectly as a literal translation of the German word "Schrein", meaning chest (in general) but more often used for a reliquary chest or casket. Compare Schrein and Reliquienschrein on German Wikipedia.
Film and TV
- The Shrine (Stargate Atlantis), an episode of Stargate Atlantis
- The Shrine (film), a Canadian horror film
- Shrines (album), the debut album of Canadian electronica duo Purity Ring
- At the Shrine, Stan Getz 1954
- Shrine '69, album by Fleetwood Mac 1999
- Live at the Shrine, album by Femi Kuti 2005
- Shine on the Shrine, Peter Frampton 1976
- Full Moon & the Shrine Kazu Matsui and Keiko Matsui
- At Shrine Auditorium, Art Tatum 1949
- Live at the Shrine, Talib Kweli 2008
- "The Shrine", by Randy Weston
- "Shrine", by The Dambuilders 1992
- "The Shrine/An Argument", by Fleet Foxes
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Shrine.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.