The Sidney Hillman Foundation
|Motto||Journalism for the Common Good|
|Headquarters||New York, New York|
|Bruce S. Raynor|
|Subsidiaries||The Sidney Award, The Hillman Prize|
The Sidney Hillman Foundation is an American charitable foundation that awards prizes to journalists who investigate issues related to social justice and progressive public policy. The foundation, founded in 1946, is named for Sidney Hillman, who was the founding president of the Amalgamated Clothing Workers of America. The foundation awards the annual Hillman Prize and the monthly Sidney Awards. The Foundation is headed by Bruce S. Raynor, former Executive Vice President of the SEIU.
The Hillman Prize is a journalism award given out annually by the foundation. It recognizes journalists and public figures for socially responsible journalism, both in traditional and new media forms. Past winners include both established and emerging figures in their fields. Murray Kempton was the first recipient in 1950. Each winner receives $5,000.
The prize is awarded annually in the categories of: Blog, Book, Broadcast, Magazine, Newspaper, and Photography 
The Sidney Award is a monthly journalism award given out by the foundation for work published in an American magazine, newspaper, on a news site or a blog, a broadcast by an American television or radio new outlet, or a published photography series. The award was first given in 2009.
The Foundation announces the winner on the 10th day of each month. Recipients are awarded $500, a bottle of union-made wine, and a certificate designed especially for the Sidney by New Yorker cartoonist Edward Sorel.
- "Form 990 2012" (PDF). GuideStar. GuideStar. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- "Hillman Awards Recognize Social Justice Coverage". Los Angeles Times. June 5, 2005. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- Greenhouse, Steven (May 23, 2010). "Unions' Feud Leads to Moving of Journalism Awards Ceremony". New York Times. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- "Deadline for Sidney Hillman Awards". CyberJournalist.NET. January 29, 2007. Archived from the original on August 6, 2007.
- "Hillman Prizes". The Sidney Hillman Foundation. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Sidney Award Winners". The Sidney Hillman Foundation. Retrieved April 9, 2016.