The Sims 3: Supernatural
|The Sims 3: Supernatural|
|Developer(s)||EA Salt Lake|
|Platform(s)||OS X, Microsoft Windows|
|Genre(s)||Life simulation game|
Players can create supernatural (non-human) Sims such as witches, wizards, werewolves, zombies, vampires (updated), ghosts (in which they may choose how the sim "died"), fairies, and if Showtime is installed, Genies. Each have their own magical abilities, traits, and interactions. Supernatural comes with a new world called Moonlight Falls. Sims can learn the new alchemy skill which teaches Sims how to brew different potions and elixirs with certain ingredients. Sims also learn new spells which can be used to either charm or hex other Sims. New objects include a broomstick, a gypsy caravan, a magic mirror, and a sliding bookcase door. Most of the objects have a gothic theme. Bonehilda, a skeleton non-player character, returns from The Sims: Makin' Magic. Sims can also turn into zombies using a 'zombification potion'. The six new traits included are Supernatural Skeptic, Supernatural Fan, Night Owl, Brooding, Gatherer and Proper.
Supernatural comes in a regular edition, limited edition, and Origin edition. The limited edition includes exclusive items from the game Plants vs. Zombies; a peashooter, a ripped zombie suit outfit, a newspaper suit zombie outfit, and cone and bucket hats. Players who pre-ordered the game from Origin received an exclusive Origin Plants Vs. Zombies set that included a plantern lamp, a wall-nut sculpture, a zombie gnome sculpture, and a brains flag sculpture. Players who registered their game received a Plants Vs. Zombies poster and T-shirt from The Sims 3 Store.
The Sims 3: Supernatural was released in September 2012. In Canada, the United States and Japan, Supernatural has been released as of September 4, 2012. The expansion pack was available on September 6 in France, Germany, Austria, Australia, Switzerland, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Greece, the Netherlands, Poland, Spain, and Belgium. In the United Kingdom and New Zealand it was released on September 7. In Ireland, the Czech Republic, Brazil, Portugal, and Hungary Supernatural was released on September 19.
Jon Michael of IGN gave the game 4.5 out of 10 criticizing the repetitive additions and useless spells in the game, as well as a bug that will let the zombies appear every night in the game if the player will save it at night. Leif Johnson of GameSpot on the other hand, praised the expansion for its new career and skills while Abigail Holden of Lazygamer.net raised its updated Create-A-Sim feature which allows now to create 6 new "races": Fairy, genie, ghost, vampire, witch, and a werewolf. WorthPlaying wasn't shy of giving the game a 9.3 out of 10 praising its new Night Owl trait among other things.
- Mike Fahey (June 13, 2012). "Werewolves, Zombies and Fairies Run Amok in The Sims 3 Supernatural". Kotaku. Gawker Media. Retrieved January 8, 2018.
- Sarkar, Samit (June 13, 2012). "'The Sims 3' Supernatural expansion announced, due out in September". The Verge. Vox Media. Retrieved January 8, 2018.
- "The Sims 3 Supernatural". Maxis. Electronic Arts. June 13, 2012. Archived from the original on August 7, 2012. Retrieved June 13, 2012.
- "Sims 3 Supernatural Fact Sheet + Official Screens". SimsVIP. June 13, 2012. Archived from the original on August 21, 2012. Retrieved August 28, 2012.
- "The Sims 3: Supernatural". GameRankings. CBS Interactive. Retrieved January 8, 2018.
- "The Sims 3: Supernatural". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved January 8, 2018.
- Sarah LeBoeuf (September 7, 2012). "The Sims 3: Supernatural review". GamesRadar+. Retrieved January 8, 2018.
- Jeremiah Johnson (September 14, 2012). "The Sims 3: Supernatural Review". GameSpot. CBS Interactive. Retrieved January 8, 2018.
- Jon Michael (September 19, 2012). "The Sims 3: Supernatural Review". IGN. News Corporation. Retrieved January 8, 2018.
- Kelly West. "The Sims 3 Supernatural Review: Witches, Fairies, Werewolves And Magic". CinemaBlend. Retrieved January 8, 2018.
- Abigail Holden (September 19, 2012). "The Sims 3: Supernatural review – Ghosts and Ghouls". Lazygamer.net. Retrieved January 8, 2018.
- Amanda Rhi "StormyDawn" Hale (October 19, 2012). "PC Review – 'The Sims 3: Supernatural'". WorthPlaying. Retrieved January 8, 2018.