The Sims 4: Seasons
|The Sims 4: Seasons|
|Developer(s)||The Sims Studio|
|Platform(s)||Microsoft Windows, Mac OS|
The Sims 4: Seasons is an expansion pack for The Sims 4 released on June 22, 2018.  It introduces seasons and holidays into the game. The game uses elements from The Sims 2: Seasons and The Sims 3: Seasons.
- New Career: Gardening
- New Game Options and Interactions: Seasons, Weather, Holidays, Calendar
- New Interactive Objects: Thermostat, Kiddie Pool
- New Death: Thermostat
There are four pre-made holidays: Love Day, Harvestfest, Winterfest and New Year's Eve. These simulates the real-world holidays. Unlike in previous games, player can create their own holidays by using the Calendar feature.  What makes one holiday different from another is its traditions.
Traditions are activities that Sims do in holidas. For example, on New Year's Eve holiday, Sims want to make resolutions and countdown to midnight. The holidays not only affect the player Sims, but also Sims in the same save file. 
Other than default and player created holidays, some just happen randomly. For example, Neighborhood Brawl is a holiday about fighting that randomly triggers as a small holiday. 
|The Sims 4: Seasons|
Review aggregator website Metacritic stated The Sims 4: Seasons had received "generally favourable reviews".[a] Yamilia Avendano from Twinfinte praised the new features introduced into the game but criticized the lack of a new world, saying "it’s a shame that there isn’t a whole new world and I personally can’t forgive that." Avendano also rated the game saying it's "worthy of your time and attention", provided the player owned and enjoyed The Sims 4.
Notes and References
- received a score of 81 based on 14 reviews
- Davies, Megan (May 24, 2018). "The Sims 4 answers your prayers with a Seasons expansion pack". Digital Spy.
- Weber, Rachel (May 24, 2018). "Sims 4 is getting seasons, and that means Sim Santa, romance, and gardening". GamesRadar.
- Pandey, Vibhav (June 15, 2018). "Sims 4 Seasons Release Date Confirmed, New Update". Otakukart.
- Rutledge, Spencer (May 24, 2018). "Things are Getting Seasonal with the Newest Expansion from Sims 4". Hardcore Gamer.
- Avendano, Yamilia (June 19, 2018). "Sims 4 Seasons: How to Edit the Calendar". Twinfinite.
- Noel Kelly, Autumn (June 1, 2018). "What We Know About 'Sims 4: Seasons' So Far". Newsweek.
- ""The Sims 4 Holidays Guide"". IGN. January 20, 2019.
- ""Neighborhood Brawl is The Sims 4 Seasons funniest holiday"". Polygon. January 20, 2019.
- "The Sims 4: Seasons". Metacritic. Retrieved 12 July 2018.
- Avendano, Yamilia (June 21, 2018). "The Sims 4: Seasons Review". Twinfinte.
- Weber, Rachel (June 21, 2018). "The Sims 4: Seasons review: "I Got Harassed by Gnomes and Fell in Love with EA's Simulation Spectacular All Over Again"". GamesRadar+.
- Rigney, Todd (June 26, 2018). "The Sims 4 Seasons Review". We Got This Covered.
- Rutledge, Spencer (June 29, 2018). "Review: The Sims 4: Seasons". Hardcore Gamer.