The Sims Life Stories
|The Sims Life Stories|
American cover art
|Developer(s)||EA Games / Aspyr|
|Genre(s)||Life simulation game
The Sims Life Stories is a video game, the first game in The Sims Stories series. The game is a version of The Sims 2 optimized for laptops (and lower-end desktop computers) and bears similarities to the console ports of The Sims games. In Story mode, it begins with the problems of Riley Harlow and Vince Moore. Rewards are unlocked as set goals are achieved. In the open-ended Classic mode, the player creates Sims and then chooses how they'll live their life. The Sims Life Stories was released on February 6, 2007. It is categorized as laptop-friendly since it lacks the need for an independent graphic card.
The game begins in Story Mode with Riley Harlow's life story as she moves from SimCity to Four Corners to start a new life with her Aunt Sharon. A second story follows the life of Vincent Moore, a millionaire who is searching for true love. After both stories are completed the gameplay continues in the open-ended Classic mode, which is similar to The Sims 2. The towns in which Riley and Vince live are also available to play when their stories are finished.
The Sims Life Stories uses the same game engine and gameplay mechanics as The Sims 2. In addition to the open-ended freestyle mode from The Sims 2, Life Stories features two pre-defined scenarios. In each scenario the player takes control of one of two protagonists and is tasked with accomplishing various goals in that character's life. The game features significant use of scripted sequences to create pre-defined dramatic events and situations. There are three neighborhoods to play - one for each of the two stories, as well as a freeplay neighborhood.
On the review aggregator GameRankings, the game received an average score of 70% based on 22 reviews. On Metacritic, the game received an average score of 72 out of 100, based on 21 reviews — indicating "mixed or average reviews". IGN, who gave the game 7.3, praised the low system requirements but criticized its inability of allowing players to make their own stories.
- The Sims Life Stories for PC
- Aspyr Studios
- "The Sims Life Stories Reviews (PC)". GameRankings. Retrieved July 11, 2016.
- "Sims Life Stories, The (pc: 2007): Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved March 24, 2008.
- Dan Whitehead (February 13, 2007). "The Sims Life Stories". Eurogamer. Retrieved July 11, 2016.
- "The Sims Life Stories - PC - Review". GameZone. April 2, 2007. Retrieved July 11, 2016.
- Jon Habib (March 1, 2007). "The Sims: Life Stories Review". IGN. Retrieved July 11, 2016.
- Ben Knowles (March 2, 2007). "The Sims Life Stories PC Review". DarkZero. Retrieved July 11, 2016.
- Steven Mills (July 21, 2007). "PC Review - 'The Sims: Life Stories'". WorthPlaying. Retrieved July 11, 2016.