The Sims Mobile
|Developer(s)||The Sims Studio|
|Release||Brazil: May 9, 2017 Worldwide: March 6, 2018|
|Genre(s)||Life simulation game, God game|
The Sims Mobile is a life simulation game based on The Sims 4 and The Sims FreePlay for Android and iOS devices. It was announced on May 9, 2017 in a launch trailer. The game was released on March 6, 2018. It features a multiplayer component and includes story elements.
In The Sims Mobile, players are able to create unique Sims with the in-game character creator (Create-a-Sim), build houses, start families and control the lives of their Sims. The game introduces multiplayer elements, as players can interact with other players' Sims by attending their parties or rating their Sims as "Cute, Hot or Fabulous" through a sticker system.
Similarly to previous mobile games in The Sims franchise, energy is used when players take actions with their Sims. Energy can be restored through SimCash, which is earned through in-game quests and micro-transactions. SimCash can also be used to purchase certain premium clothing and furniture options in the game.
Unlike its predecessor The Sims FreePlay, The Sims Mobile offers a closer experience to the PC series of games. There is a focus on telling stories through Sim's actions, chosen by the player as their Sims go through their career or make relationships. As Sims play through these stories, they are able to level up and unlock new cutscenes. Advancing stories may also unlock new furniture or clothing items.
- "The Sims Mobile offers a more focused, accessible version than any before it". The Verge. March 10, 2018. Retrieved March 14, 2018.
- The Sims™ Mobile Launch Trailer - IGN Video, retrieved May 10, 2017
- "The Sims Mobile Officially Launches Today Alongside New Trailer". WWG. Retrieved 2018-03-14.
- "A Proper The Sims Game Is Finally Coming To Mobile". Press Start Australia - Bringing The Best Of Video Games & Gaming To Australia. Retrieved May 10, 2017.
- "The Sims Mobile is a brand new entry in the franchise, in soft launch on Android right now". Droid Gamers. May 9, 2017. Retrieved May 10, 2017.
- "10 Things to Get You Excited About The Sims Mobile". Electronic Arts. Retrieved March 14, 2018.
- "How does The Sims Mobile monetise?". pocketgamer.biz. Retrieved 2018-03-14.
- "The Sims Mobile Review | TouchArcade". toucharcade.com. Retrieved 2018-03-30.
|This life simulation game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|