||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||Michael Paul Sorrentino
July 4, 1981
Staten Island, New York, US
|Occupation||Television personality, model|
Michael Paul Sorrentino (born July 4, 1981), also known as The Situation, is an American television personality. He appeared on the MTV reality show Jersey Shore in all six seasons from December 2009 through its final episode in December 2012.
Sorrentino was born in Staten Island and has been on Jersey Shore since its debut in 2009. Since appearing on that show, Sorrentino has been a guest on many TV series, such as The Howard Stern Show, The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien, The Jay Leno Show, Lopez Tonight, SportsNation, Chelsea Lately, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, and Conan.
In January 2011, Sorrentino signed on to star in the YOBI.tv "Random Talent" webseries co-starring British comedian Ben Green. The name of the series was later changed to New Stage after the theme song title of the same name, written and performed by another New Stage costar Mykell.
Sorrentino made more than $5 million in 2010, the second highest of any other reality star after Kim Kardashian. This money was accrued through endorsements with Devotion Vodka, Reebok Zigtech shoes, as well as a ghost-written autobiography, a rap song, a workout DVD, a vitamin line for GNC, a clothing line, and appearances including Jersey Shore and Dancing with the Stars.
In March 2011 Sorrentino appeared on the Comedy Central Roast of Donald Trump. In August of that year, Sorrentino was offered a "substantial" sum of money by fashion retailer Abercrombie & Fitch not to wear the company's clothes. A spokesman for the company explained that "Mr Sorrentino's association with our brand could cause significant damage to our image." In November 2011, Sorrentino filed a lawsuit against A&F after they made shirts that read "The Fitchuation" and "GTL...You Know The Deal."
On February 22, 2012, Sorrentino appeared in a small cameo role on ABC's Suburgatory. In June 2012, he participated in Fox's dating game show The Choice. On August 15, 2012 he became a housemate on the tenth series of Celebrity Big Brother on Channel 5 and on September 7, 2012 he came in fourth on the series final.
Sorrentino was born in West New Brighton, Staten Island, New York, and grew up in Manalapan Township, New Jersey. Sorrentino attended Manalapan-Englishtown Middle School and Manalapan High School, where he graduated in 2000.
He has two older brothers, Frank and Marc, and a younger sister named Melissa. Marc also serves as The Situation's manager and partner in MPS Entertainment.
On March 21, 2012, Sorrentino confirmed that he had checked himself into rehab "to get control of a prescription medication problem." He checked out of the Cirque Lodge treatment center in Utah on April 4, 2012.
In September 2014, Sorrentino was charged with tax fraud, allegedly avoiding paying taxes on $8.9 million. According to the US Attorney, Sorrentino and his brother, Marc, established S corporations that paid for personal expenses and failed to report income.
|2011||New Stage||Angel Adonis|
|2011||The Roast of Donald Trump||Himself||Roaster|
|2012||The Three Stooges||Himself|
|2015||Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars||Himself|
- "Famous Birthdays".
- Itzkoff, Dave (August 31, 2010). "Comedy and Politics Mix in New 'dancing' Lineup". The New York Times.
- "Bristol Palin and The Situation Bring Us the World's Most Awkward PSA". Bitch Magazine. November 17, 2010. Retrieved May 10, 2013.
- "Audrina Patridge, Mike (the Situation) Sorrentino heading to Detroit". http://www.freep.com. External link in
- "Stars turn out in force for Bill Clinton's Birthday Bash; 'The Situation' Rakes in the Dough; Jay Leno Lends a Hand to the Gulf Coast". Kansas City Star. August 23, 2010.[dead link]
- "Dallas Chef Cut from 'Top Chef'; Mike 'The Situation' Sorrentino Rakes in the Dough". The Dallas Morning News. September 3, 2010. Archived from the original on September 4, 2010.
- "Jersey Shore star The Situation set to bring his famous abs to Dancing with the Stars". London: Daily Mail (U.K.). August 25, 2010.
- "Can this new protein-infused vodka help with bodybuilding? Ask The Situation". Toronto Life. August 31, 2010.
- "The Situation? Ha! Call him the Corporation". MSNBC. August 23, 2010.
- Venutolo, Anthony (August 6, 2010). "'The Situation' releases rap tune". The Star-Ledger. Retrieved May 10, 2013.
- "Abs-fab! The Situation releases a workout DVD (that's if you REALLY want to look like him)". London: Daily Mail (U.K.). August 13, 2010.
- "Cast Announced for 'Dancing With the Stars'". Salt Lake City Tribune. August 30, 2010.
- "Here's The Situation: You can Soon Dress Like Him". MSNBC. August 10, 2010.
- "The 'Jersey Shore' Side Show: Money-Making Schemes Galore". ABC News. August 20, 2010.
- "Show Tracker". Los Angeles Times. March 17, 2011.
- Sweney, Mark (August 17, 2011). "Jersey Shore's The Situation offered cash not to wear Abercrombie & Fitch". The Guardian (London). Retrieved August 17, 2011.
- Holmes, Elizabeth (August 16, 2011). "Abercrombie and Fitch Offers to Pay 'The Situation' To Stop Wearing Its Clothes". The Wall Street Journal.
- "Mike 'The Situation' sues Abercrombie & Fitch over clothing dispute, report says". The Star-Ledger (Newark, NJ). November 16, 2011. Retrieved November 19, 2011.
- Hibberd, James (May 8, 2012). "Fox's 'The Choice' cast revealed! Joe Jonas, Dean Cain, The Situation, many more -- EXCLUSIVE". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved April 11, 2013.
- Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino joins Celebrity Big Brother 2012 Starcasm.net
- The Situation comes in fourth in the CBB final (in hindsight, we might even miss him a bit) Rachael Wheeler, Daily Mirror, September 7, 2012
- "Mike 'The Situation' Sorrentino in PETA Ad: 'Too Much Pu***y Can be A Bad Thing,'" HuffingtonPost.com, October 15, 2012.
- "PHOTOS The Jersey Shore's Mike Sorrentino 'The Situation' Myspace and high school yearbook pictures". Starcasm.
- "Jersey Shore's The Situation Before He Hit It Big". Radar Online.
- Kara, Scott (September 2, 2010). "A Quick Word: Mike Sorrentino". The New Zealand Herald.
- "'The Situation' blames exhaustion for drug problem". CNN. March 21, 2012. Retrieved March 22, 2012.
- Everett, Cristina (April 5, 2012). "The Situation checks out of rehab". Daily News (New York).
- "'The Situation' charged in fight at tanning salon". Associated Press. June 17, 2014. Retrieved June 17, 2014.
- "Here's 'The Situation': Jersey Shore's Mike Sorrentino Indicted On Tax Fraud Charges". Forbes. September 24, 2014. Retrieved September 28, 2014.