The Skinny Dip
|The Skinny Dip|
|Genre||Travel and adventure|
|Created by||Best Boy Entertainment|
|Directed by||Christian Sparkes|
|Starring||Eve Kelly (host)|
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||8|
|Executive producer(s)||Ed Martin|
|Producer(s)||Ed Martin, Ken Pittman|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original network||Travel + Escape|
|Original release||9 July 2008 – 23 Dec. 2009|
The Skinny Dip is a half-hour-long Canadian travel and adventure television series hosted by Eve Kelly, and produced by Best Boy Entertainment. The show premiered with two episodes aired together on July 9, 2008 EST on the Travel + Escape Canadian cable channel, which commissioned six new episodes, that aired in November and December 2009. All eight episodes are now available on Amazon Prime.
Host Eve Kelly travels to various destinations around the world. During each show, Eve calls upon local residents and tourists to join her in a trek to a local watering hole to skinny dip. They travel by camel, dog-sled, kayak or other mode of transport on a scenic journey, showing audiences unexplored regions of each destination. Each episode caps off with a skinny dip in a beautiful and secluded swimming hole. No frontal nudity is ever shown.
- “Corner Brook” (9 July 2008) Steady Brook Falls, Marble Mountain, Newfoundland.
- “Brazil” (9 July 2008) Ubatuba mountains, São Paulo.
- “Yukon” (18 Nov. 2009) icefield river polar dip, Whitehorse.
- “Costa Rica” (25 Nov. 2009) Nauyaca Waterfalls, Dominical, Puntarenas.
- “Australia” (2 Dec. 2009) Trephina Gorge, MacDonnell Ranges, Alice Springs.
- “Bahamas” (9 Dec. 2009) Blue Hole, Hamilton, Long Island.
- “British Columbia” (16 Dec. 2009) Myra Falls, Vancouver Island.
- “New Zealand” (23 Dec. 2009) non-thermal falls near Waiotapu, Rotorua.
- The Canadian Press (9 Nov 2009). "N.L. skinny dipper hosts TV travelogue". CBC News.
- Snow, Pam (2 December 2009). "The ultimate swim". The Telegram.
- "The Skinny Dip". Best Boy Entertainment. 12 September 2010. Archived from the original on 2011-08-12.
- Dawson March, Catherine (5 July 2008). "As naked as God made her". The Globe and Mail.
- "The Skinny Dip". Travel + Escape. Archived from the original on 2010-04-10.
- Picurro, Allison (July 14, 2016). "'The Skinny Dip' Is The Most Relaxing Show About Nude Swimming You Will Ever Watch". Decider.com.
|This article about a television show originating in Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|