The Skull (band)
|Genres||Heavy metal, doom metal|
|Associated acts||Trouble, Lid, Sacred Dawn, Vicious Circle, Earthen Grave, Retro Grave, Blackfinger, Witch Mountain, Cathedral|
|Past members||Kevin Tarpey
Jeff "Oly" Olson
The Skull is a heavy metal band founded by three former members of Trouble, vocalist Eric Wagner, bassist Ron Holzner and drummer Jeff "Oly" Olson. The band's name is derived from Trouble's second album The Skull.
Asked in February 2012 why the three former members of Trouble decided to form The Skull, bassist Ron Holzner replied, "The Trouble set at last year's Days of the Doomed Fest [in Kenosha, Wisconsin] was the catalyst for this whole thing. Eric and Oly hadn't had the chance to talk much before [the festival], and then when I got there the next day and we all got to hang out and talk... it was really nice! Playing "End of My Daze" with the whole f---ing crowd singing... that's what it's all about! We all looked at each other on stage and simply went, 'Wow!'"
In May 2012, Olson departed from The Skull due to his desire to "wait for a real Trouble reunion with original members or not play Trouble's music at all." However, on August 19th, 2013 Olson rejoined The Skull stating, "I want to rock again."  The Skull performs a large portion of Trouble's first two pioneering doom metal albums; Psalm 9 and self-titled The Skull; and perform a large catalogue of several other Trouble classics. 
The Skull headlined the Hell's Pleasure festival in Pößneck, Germany in July 2012 alongside NWOBHM band Angel Witch. In late August and early September 2012, The Skull completed a tour of the US East coast and finished that trek by headlining the SHOD Fest (Stoner Hand Of Doom) in New London, Connecticut. The Skull toured Europe in late 2012, including co-headlining the Hammer of Doom festival with the band Pentagram. This European tour also included performances in Germany, Netherlands, Austria, and Sweden, among others.
The Skull have been writing and performing new original material and have scheduled a West coast tour of the US for late 2013. Part of this tour will be headlining the Denver Doom Fest.
On March 5, 2014, former Trouble bassist Chuck Robinson joined the band as the guitarist. Over a month later, it was announced that Robinson had exited the band in order to focus on "his demanding professional career", and former Pentagram guitarist Matt Goldsborough would be his replacement.
On November 24, 2015, it was announced that guitarist Matt Goldsborough has left the band and Witch Mountain guitarist Rob Wrong has joined The Skull. The band, with the new lineup, returned to Gunpoint Recording on December 4, 2015 to begin production on the follow-up offering to 'For Those Which Are Asleep' to be released through Tee Pee Records.
- Eric Wagner – vocals (2012–present)
- Lothar Keller – guitar (2012–present)
- Ron Holzner – bass (2012–present)
- Rob Wrong – guitar (2015–present)
- Brian Dixon – drums (2016–present)
- Michael Carpenter – guitar (2012–2014)
- Kevin Tarpey – drums (2012–2013)
- Jeff "Oly" Olson – drums (2012, 2013–2015)
- Matt Goldsborough – guitar (2014–2015)
- Chuck Robinson – guitar (2014)
- Sean Saley – drums (2015–2016)
- Willie Max – guitar (2015)
- For Those Which Are Asleep (2014)
- The Endless Road Turns Dark (2018)
Eps and Singles
- Sometime Yesterday Mourning/Last Judgement CD (2014)
- The Longing/The Skull 7" (2016)
- A New Generation (2016)
- "Original TROUBLE Members Form THE SKULL". BlabberMouth.
- "THE SKULL Joined By Former TROUBLE Bassist-Turned-Guitarist CHUCK ROBINSON". BlabberMouth.
- "THE SKULL Joined By Former PENTAGRAM Guitarist MATT GOLSDSBOROUGH". BlabberMouth.
- "THE SKULL Featuring Former TROUBLE Members: 'For Those Which Are Asleep' Debut Due In November". Blabbermouth.net.
- "Original TROUBLE Drummer JEFF 'OLY' OLSON Quits THE SKULL". Blabbermouth.net.
- "THE SKULL: New Guitarist, Start Record New LP". MetalKaoz.com.
|This article on a United States metal band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|