The Source (2002 film)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2019)
|Directed by||S. Lee Taylor|
|Written by||Roger Kristian Jones,|
S. Lee Taylor
Melissa Renée Martin
|Music by||Mark David|
|Distributed by||The Asylum|
The Source is a 2002 film directed by S. Lee Taylor and starring Mathew Scollon, Melissa Renée Martin, Edward DeRuiter, and Alice Frank. The story concerns four teenagers who obtain superhuman powers allowing them to control others.
It released under the name The Source (The Secret Craft) in the United Kingdom. In the United States, it was released on DVD as The Surge.
The film opens by following a moody goth named Reese, who befriends three other outcasts like him: Zack, a rich nerd; Ashley, Zack's sister; and Phoebe, a flower child. They go to a forest and find a glowing rock. They gain powers from just stepping into its presence, and they use these powers to intimidate and humiliate people who have made fun of them over the years.
- Zack gains telepathy.
- Phoebe gains telekinesis/psychokinesis.
- Ashley gains speech-induced psychic suggestion.
- Reese gains the ability to heal or hurt others/himself using his mind.
However, her power goes to Ashley's head; and she begins to take over the school, using mind control. She attacks her brother Zack and tries to kill Phoebe and Reese. They force her to heal Zack, but she forces Phoebe to levitate off the building and drop to the ground. Reese (because of his ability to heal or hurt) takes his own hearing away, when Ashley tries to control him; and he breaks the piece of the rock she had around her neck. He heals Phoebe; but, when they return to destroy the glowing rock, it has disappeared. Ashley is committed to a mental institution; but a former teacher brings her more of the glowing rock. The movie ends with her eyes turning blue, indicating that her powers have returned.
- Mathew Scollon as Reese Hauser
- Melissa Reneé Martin as Ashley Bainbridge
- Edward DeRuiter as Zack Bainbridge
- Alice Frank as Phoebe Lewis
- Johnny Venocur as Jerry Hauser
- Ronald Rezac as Principal McKinley
- Roger Kristian Jones as Moss Man
- Steven Glinn as Raimy
- Mark Wood as Mr. Jessup
- David Castro as Lane
- Paul Taviani as Mr. Bartlett
- Anna DeCardi as Miss Dunn
- David Anders as Booji (as David Holt)
- Cory Travalena as Bane
- Aaron Deakins as Pugg