The Spanish Princess
|The Spanish Princess|
The Constant Princess & The King's Curse|
by Philippa Gregory
|Country of origin||United States|
|Preceded by||The White Princess|
The Spanish Princess follows "Catherine of Aragon, the beautiful teenaged princess of Spain who was promised the English throne since she was a child. She arrives in a grey, rain-lashed England with her glorious and diverse court including her lady-in-waiting Lina – an African Moor. She is Princess of Wales now, but when her husband Prince Arthur dies suddenly, the throne seems lost to Catherine. Until she claims her marriage was never consummated and that as a virgin she may set her sights on the new heir, the charismatic and headstrong Prince Harry who will one day rule as King Henry VIII."
Cast and characters
- Charlotte Hope as Catherine of Aragon
- Angus Imrie as Arthur, Prince of Wales
- Dame Harriet Walter as Margaret Beaufort
- Laura Carmichael as Margaret "Maggie" Pole
- Ruairi O’Connor as Harry, Prince of Wales
- Georgie Henley as Margaret "Meg" Tudor
- Elliot Cowan as Henry VII of England
- Alexandra Moen as Elizabeth of York
- Philip Cumbus as Thomas Wolsey
- Stephanie Levi-John as Lina de Cardonnes
- Nadia Parkes as Rosa
- Aaron Cobham as Oviedo
- Alan McKenna as Sir Richard Pole
- Richard Pepper as Thomas Boleyn, Earl of Wiltshire
- Olly Rix as Edward Stafford
- Jordan Renzo as Charlie Brandon
- Daniel Cerqueira as De Fuensalida
- Alicia Borrachero as Queen Isabella
On March 15, 2018, it was announced that Starz had greenlit the production. It is set to be showrun by Emma Frost and Matthew Graham both of whom will executive produce alongside Colin Callender, Scott Huff, Charlie Pattinson, and Charlie Hampton. Production companies involved with the series include All3 Media’s New Pictures and Playground.
On May 17, 2018, it was reported that the first two episodes will be directed by Birgitte Stærmose and the subsequent episodes will also be directed by women.
Alongside the directing announcement, the cast of the miniseries was confirmed. Those included in the announcement were Charlotte Hope, Stephanie Levi-John, Angus Imrie, Dame Harriet Walter, Laura Carmichael, Ruairi O’Connor, Georgie Henley, Elliot Cowan, Alexandra Moen, Philip Cumbus, Nadia Parkes, Aaron Cobham, Alan McKenna, Richard Pepper, Olly Rix, Jordan Renzo, Daniel Cerqueira, and Alicia Borrachero.
- Petski, Denise (March 15, 2018). "Starz Greenlights The White Princess Followup Series The Spanish Princess". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved May 19, 2018.
- Petski, Denise (May 17, 2018). "The Spanish Princess: Charlotte Hope To Star In The White Princess Follow-Up On Starz". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved May 19, 2018.
- Malloy, Tomas (May 15, 2018). "Photos show film crews invading Somerset town for new movie". Somerset Live. Retrieved May 19, 2018.