The Spectre of Lanyon Moor
|The Spectre of Lanyon Moor|
|Big Finish Productions audio drama|
|Executive producer||Jacqueline Rayner|
|Length||1 hr 50 mins|
|Release date||June 2000|
The Sixth Doctor and Evelyn team up with the Brigadier to defeat an ancient evil in Cornwall.
- The Doctor — Colin Baker
- Evelyn Smythe — Maggie Stables
- The Brigadier — Nicholas Courtney
- Mrs Moynihan — Susan Jameson
- Philip Ludgate — Barnaby Edwards
- Professor Morgan — Toby Longworth
- Sir Archibald Flint — James Bolam
- Nikki Hunter — Helen Goldwyn
- Pelagia Stamatis — Helen Goldwyn
- Captain Ashforde — Nicholas Pegg
- Corporal Croft — Helen Goldwyn
- During the original run of Doctor Who (1963–1989), Nicholas Courtney appeared opposite all of the Doctors except the Sixth. This audio fixes that omission. (Technically, they also meet—albeit briefly—in Dimensions in Time.) Courtney later appeared with the Eighth Doctor in Minuet in Hell, and with Tenth Doctor actor David Tennant in Sympathy for the Devil and UNIT: The Wasting (although Tennant was not playing The Doctor in these plays).
Several characters are mentioned by Emilia Rumford in Part Two of the televised story The Stones of Blood. Lexington-Smith is referenced and it may be assumed that Idwal Morgan, Professor of Megalithic Archaeology, is the character in this audio play.
- Big Finish Productions - The Spectre of Lanyon Moor
- The Spectre of Lanyon Moor at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- The Spectre of Lanyon Moor reviews at Outpost Gallifrey
- The Spectre of Lanyon Moor reviews at The Doctor Who Ratings Guide