The Spiders (Japanese band)
The Spiders during their 1966 visit to the Netherlands
|Also known as||ザ・スパイダース|
Band members were Hiroshi "Monsieur" Kamayatsu (rhythm guitar and backing singer), Jun Inoue (singer), Masaaki Sakai (tambourine and backing singer), Shochi Tanabe (drums), Takayuki Inoue (lead guitar and backing singer), Mitsuru Kato (bass guitar) and Katsuo Ohno (steel guitar and electronic organ). They had many hit singles, made feature films and were popular in the late 1960s and early 1970s in Japan. They toured Europe in 1966, and the United States, including Hawaii, in 1967. Most of the band members are still active in the music industry, with the exception of Monsieur, who died on March 1, 2017 and Takayuki Inoue, who died on May 2, 2018.
- Album No. 1 (April 1966)
- Album No. 2 (May 1966)
- Daishingeki (soundtrack) (1967)
- Album No. 3 (February 1967)
- The Spiders Meets The Savage (March 1967)
- Album No. 4 (September 1967)
- Album No. 5 (March 1968)
- Martin C. Strong; Brendon Griffin (September 18, 2008). Lights, Camera, Soundtracks: The Ultimate Guide to Popular Music in the Movies. Canongate Books. p. 338. ISBN 978-1-84767-003-8.
- Murrells, Joseph (1978). The Book of Golden Discs (2nd ed.). London: Barrie and Jenkins Ltd. p. 213. ISBN 0-214-20512-6.
- "'Monsieur' Kamayatsu, ex-member of '60s rock band Spiders, dies at 78 | The Japan Times". The Japan Times. Retrieved 2017-03-03.
- 井上堯之さん死去「ザ・スパイダース」で活躍 マッチ「愚か者」作曲 (in Japanese)