The Spoilers (1923 film)
|Directed by||Lambert Hillyer|
|Produced by||Jesse D. Hampton productions|
|Written by||Rex Beach (novel /play)
Elliott J. Clawson
Anna Q. Nilsson
Noah Beery, Sr.
|Distributed by||Goldwyn Pictures|
|80 minutes; 8,020 feet|
The Spoilers is a 1923 silent film directed by Lambert Hillyer. It is set in Nome, Alaska during the 1898 Gold Rush, with Milton Sills as Roy Glennister, Anna Q. Nilsson as Cherry Malotte, and Noah Beery, Sr. as Alex McNamara. The film culminates in a saloon fistfight between Glennister and McNamara.
The Spoilers was adapted to screen by Elliott J. Clawson from the 1906 Rex Beach novel of the same name. Film versions also appeared in 1914, 1930 (with Gary Cooper as Glennister), 1942 (with John Wayne as Glennister, Marlene Dietrich as Malotte, and Randolph Scott as McNamara), and finally in 1955.
The character of Cherry Malotte also appears in Beach's The Silver Horde.
Print listed as being held by Gosfilmofond Russian state archive.
- Milton Sills - Roy Glennister
- Anna Q. Nilsson - Cherry Malotte
- Barbara Bedford - Helen Chester
- Robert Edeson - Joe Dextry
- Ford Sterling - Slapjack Simms
- Wallace MacDonald - Broncho Kid
- Noah Beery, Sr. - Alex McNamara
- Mitchell Lewis- Marshall Voorhees
- John Elliott - Bill Wheaton, Attorney
- Robert McKim- Struve
- Rockliffe Fellowes -
|This article about a silent drama film from the 1920s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|