The Sports Ground, Stompond Lane
|Full name||The Sports Ground, Stompond Lane|
|Location||Stompond Lane, Walton-on-Thames, Surrey, England|
|Capacity||2,000 (444 seated)|
|Walton & Hersham F.C. (Isthmian League Division One South), Walton Athletic Club|
The Sports Ground, Stompond Lane (also called Stompond Lane Sports Ground, but often just shortened to Stompond Lane) is a stadium located in Walton-on-Thames, Surrey. It is where Walton & Hersham F.C. play their home matches and it is also used by the Walton Athletic Club.
Stompond Lane consists of a football pitch surrounded by a running track. There is a brick grandstand on the north side, which contains 404 regular seats and 40 in the two directors' boxes. The seats have to be accessed by stairways because the dressing rooms are beneath them. On the opposite side of the pitch is a covered terrace and there is uncovered terracing surrounding the east side of the track.
- "Stompond Lane Track". runtrackdir.com. UK Running Track Directory. Retrieved 15 June 2009.
- "Stadium/Directions". waltonandhershamfc.org.uk. Walton & Hersham Football Club. Archived from the original on 6 January 2009. Retrieved 6 July 2009.
- "General Information". waltonac.co.uk. Walton Athletic Club. Retrieved 6 July 2009.
- "Walton & Hersham FC". pyramidpassion.co.uk. Centre Circle Publishing. Retrieved 30 August 2009.
- Information regarding the stadium
- Directions to the stadium
- Walton & Hersham F.C.
- Walton Athletic Club
|This article about an English sports venue is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|