From left to right: Dillan Tate, Jason MacIsaac, Jon Landry, Calen Kinney, and Mark Murphy
|Origin||Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada|
|Genres||Folk rock, punk rock|
|Labels||Groundswell Music/Warner Music Canada. Rookie Records(EU)|
The Stanfields are a Canadian rock music group, based in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Described by some sources as "the bastard children of AC/DC and Stan Rogers", the band blends a hard rock style with elements of traditional Atlantic Canadian folk music.
Formed in 2008, the band consists of lead vocalist and guitarist Jon Landry, bassist Dillan Tate, guitarist Jason MacIsaac, bouzouki/fiddle player Calen Kinney, and drummer Mark Murphy. The band formed and started out by playing Rock, Folk, and Country music cover songs during open mic performances at the Seahorse Tavern in Halifax, Nova Scotia. They quickly gained local notoriety for their rowdy, entertaining live performances and were signed to Halifax independent label Groundswell Music in February 2010.
The Stanfields released their debut album Vanguard of the Young & Reckless in 2010, and followed up with Death & Taxes in 2012. A third album, For King and Country was released on October 15, 2013. The album contained 10 new songs written, performed and recorded completely acoustically.
2014 Music Nova Scotia Awards Folk Recording of the Year for For King and Country
Vanguard of the Young & Reckless - GroundSwell Music (2010)
Death & Taxes - GroundSwell Music (2012)
For King and Country - GroundSwell Music (2013)
Modem Operandi - GroundSwell Music (2015)
- Jon Landry – Guitar, Vocals
- Dillan Tate - Bass Guitar
- Calen Kinney – Bouzouki, Fiddle, Background Vocals
- Jason MacIsaac – Guitar, Background Vocals
- Mark Murphy – Drums
- Craig Eugene Harris - Bass Guitar, Mandolin, Background Vocals (2015)
- Jason Wright – Bouzouki, Background Vocals (2015)
- Charlie Coolen – Guitar (2008)
- Jenny Wright – Vocals (2008)
- "The Stanfields, Rose Cousins win big at the ECMAs in Halifax". Metro, March 10, 2013.
- "Double ECMA winners The Stanfields embark on Island mini tour". The Independent, March 14, 2013.
- "The Stanfields to rock Evergreen Theatre". Annapolis County Spectator, December 5, 2013.
- "The Stanfields @ Rookie Records". Rookie Records
- "Classified big winner at Music Nova Scotia awards". The Chronicle Herald, November 11, 2013.
|This article about a Canadian band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|