The Stanford Review
|Owner(s)||The Stanford Review, non-profit corporation|
|Political alignment||conservative and libertarian|
|Headquarters||Stanford University, Stanford, California|
By 1987, Jesse Jackson's Rainbow Coalition inspired a group of Stanford students that put forth a set of demands called the Rainbow Agenda. The Stanford Review was founded partly to provide an alternative[clarification needed] viewpoint.
Notable former editors and staffs
- Peter Thiel (Founding EIC), co-founder of PayPal, Founders Fund, Palantir Technologies
- Ken Howery (Former Managing Editor), co-founder of PayPal, Founders Fund
- David O. Sacks (Former EIC), co-founder of Yammer, Angel Investor
- Keith Rabois (Former Opinion Editor), COO of Square, Investor at Khosla Ventures
- Joe Lonsdale (Former EIC), co-founder of Palantir Technologies, Formation 8
- Stephen Cohen (Former EIC), co-founder of Palantir Technologies
- Stephen Russell (Former Section Editor), co-founder of Prism Skylabs
- Eric Jackson (Former EIC), CEO of CapLinked
- Gideon Yu (Former Business Manager), Co-Owner and former President of the San Francisco 49ers, former CFO of YouTube and Facebook
- Ryan Bounds (former Opinion Editor), Assistant United States Attorney for the District of Oregon and failed nominee to the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Tim Groseclose (former Intramural Sports Editor), economist
- Bruce Gibney (former EIC), former venture capitalist at Founders Fund, author
- Fred Savage (former staffer), actor (The Wonder Years, The Grinder)
Books written by former editors
Notable books written by its former editors include:
- The PayPal Wars by Eric M. Jackson
- Their Lives: The Women Targeted by the Clinton Machine by Candice E. Jackson
- The Stanford Review - About Archived 2005-11-07 at the Wayback Machine.
- The Stanford Review: Rabble-Rousing: Will We Ever Be Free of the Chaos? Archived 2015-04-10 at the Wayback Machine.
- The Stanford Review – A Brief and Non-Exhaustive History of The Stanford Review Archived 2016-06-11 at the Wayback Machine.
- David Sacks – Entertainment News, 10 to Watch 2005: Producers, Media – Variety
- World Ahead Publishing: About Us Archived 2005-07-13 at the Wayback Machine.
- Information Week – Innovators and influencers 2002
- Please wait while you are redirected Archived 2006-10-03 at the Wayback Machine.
- World Ahead Publishing: Authors Archived April 8, 2005, at the Wayback Machine.