The Stanley Dynamic
|The Stanley Dynamic|
The Stanley Dynamic logo
|Created by||Ken Cuperus|
|Written by||Ken Cuperus|
|Directed by||Steve Wright|
|Voices of||Taylor Abrahamse|
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||52|
|Picture format||1080i (16:9 HDTV)|
|Original release||March 19, 2015– April 7, 2017|
|The Stanley Dynamic official website|
The Stanley Dynamic is a Canadian children's animated/live-action comedy television series that premiered on YTV on March 19, 2015. The series stars Charles Vandervaart, Taylor Abrahamse, Madison Ferguson, Kate Hewlett, and Michael Barbuto. The show was nominated for a Canadian Screen Award for Best Writing in a Children’s or Youth Program or Series. It was also a finalist at the 2016 Cynopsis Kids imagination Awards for Best New Series and won honorable mention in two categories.
The series revolves around Larry and his animated twin brother Luke as they make their way through high school, as well as the rest of the Stanley family, including Lori, Luke and Larry's genius little sister, Lane, their cartoonist father, and Lisa, their caterer mother.
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date|
|1||1||"Pilot"||Steve Wright||Ken Cuperus||March 19, 2015|
|The Stanley family adjusts as Luke and Larry struggle to make friends when they start attending high school, Lori faces challenges when she starts private school, Lisa starts a job as a caterer, and Lane comes up with comic strip ideas.|
|2||2||"The Stanley Feud"||Steve Wright||Ken Cuperus||March 26, 2015|
|A feud sparks between the Stanley brothers after Larry starts hanging out with a new friend all the time. Meanwhile, Lisa hires a tutor for herself after being unable to help her daughter with her homework.|
|3||3||"The Stanley Business"||Steve Wright||Ken Cuperus||April 2, 2015|
|Luke and Larry compete to help their mother with her catering job in order to spend time with Chelsea. Meanwhile, Lori becomes Lane's partner in his comic strip business.|
|4||4||"The Stanley Games"||Steve Wright||Ken Cuperus||April 9, 2015|
|Lane organizes a game night for the Stanley family. When the rest of the family has last-minute obligations, they have trouble cancelling.|
|5||5||"The Stanley Luck"||Steve Wright||Ken Cuperus||April 16, 2015|
|Lisa sells Larry's lucky shirt to Chelsea and he's hit with a bout of bad luck, but he's too embarrassed to ask for it back. Meanwhile, Lori helps Doop build up the courage to ask Pam for a raise and Luke has fun with his new suit of armor.|
|6||6||"The Stanley Heist"||Steve Wright||Ken Cuperus||April 23, 2015|
|Luke accidentally breaks a sculpture up for auction at The Brock's art auction. While trying to fix it, he glues himself to a painting to avoid being discovered, and is sold. Lane and Lori have to plan a heist to steal back Luke. Meanwhile, Lisa invites Chelsea over to the Stanley home to help prepare food for an event, and Larry tries to show her how cool he is.|
|7||7||"The Stanley Parable"||Steve Wright||Cole Bastido||April 30, 2015|
|Luke and Larry have to babysit Lori when Lane and Lisa go out on a romantic date, but take turns sneaking out to a party held by Chelsea instead. Meanwhile, Lane didn't make reservations for date night, so they find themselves at the Brock for a children's party.|
|8||8||"The Stanley Sick Day"||Steve Wright||Ken Cuperus||May 7, 2015|
|Luke and Larry have to teach classes at the Brock after all of the staff gets food poisoning. Meanwhile, Lori takes care of Lane and Lisa after they get food poisoning.|
|9||9||"The Stanley Catchphrase"||Adam Weissman||Ken Cuperus||May 14, 2015|
|Lane overhears Larry using a catchphrase Darnell made up and Lane uses it in his comic, leading Darnell to believe Larry stole it on purpose. Meanwhile, Luke tries to get rid of Lunch Lady Lizanka, and Lisa battles a food truck that moves into the Brock.|
|10||10||"The Stanley All-Nighter"||Adam Weissman||Ken Cuperus||May 21, 2015|
|The Stanley family have an important photo shoot. However, trouble ensues when Larry spends all night helping Lane with an important comic strip, Lisa helps Lori with her school project all night, and Luke plays an all-night game with his friends and Doop.|
|11||11||"The Stanley Grades"||Adam Weissman||Ken Cuperus||October 5, 2015|
|Luke, Larry, and Lori get their report cards. Larry gets very high grades, leading him to believe he's a genius, and joins the chess club where he plays against a champion chess player. Luke gets the same grades as Lane had gotten, leading Lane to believe Luke should follow him in his footsteps and trains him as a cartoonist. Meanwhile, Lori's grades show she's failing gym, leading Lisa to enroll her in a fitness class, where the fitness trainer starts to hound Lisa.|
- Luke Stanley (Taylor Abrahamse) is the animated twin brother of Larry Stanley, and older brother to Lori Stanley. He's the only animated character in the family, though this is rarely acknowledged by the others. He enjoys LARP-ing (Live-Action Role Playing), and is shown to be bad at sports. He's able to stretch his limbs and is very flexible, though it's painful to do so. He's also able to change his clothes quickly simply by spinning quickly.
- Larry Stanley (Charles Vandervaart) is the live-action twin brother of Luke Stanley, and older brother to Lori Stanley. He's a member of the school football team, an attention seeker, and is shown to not understand many things, especially sarcasm and irony.
- Lori Stanley (Madison Ferguson) is the genius little sister of Luke and Larry Stanley. She's shown to be the smartest of the family. She's passionate for entomology, and loves to take advantage of her two older brothers.
- Lisa Stanley (Kate Hewlett) is the mother of Luke, Larry, and Lori Stanley, as well as a caterer at the Brockdale Community Centre.
- Lane Stanley (Michael Barbuto) is the father of Luke, Larry, and Lori Stanley, as well as a cartoonist.
- Pamela Fontaine (Josette Jorge) is the administrator of the Brockdale Community Centre.
- Leonard Stanley (Michael Gross) is the grandfather of Luke, Larry, and Lori Stanley, and Lisa Stanley's father.
- Doop (Bill Turnbull) is the caretaker of the Brockdale Community Centre.
- Chelsea (Chelsea Clark) is the love interest of Luke and Larry.
- David Hewlett as astronaut Glenn Parker.
- Alan Thicke as himself.
- Jaleel White as Principal White.
- Sonya Davidson (February 27, 2017). "The Stanley Dynamic sees Ken Cuperus go from sketch-comedy to TV sitcom". Toronto Guardian. Retrieved May 10, 2017.
- Greg David (March 19, 2015). "Groundbreaking Stanley Dynamic Bounds Onto YTV". TV, Eh?. Retrieved April 11, 2017.
- "The Stanley Dynamic". Corus. May 13, 2017. Retrieved May 13, 2017.
- ""2016 Kids !magination Awards - Results - Cynopsis". Cynopsis. May 13, 2017. Retrieved May 13, 2017.
- Katie Balie (September 24, 2014). "Adventures in multi-cam:The Stanley Dynamic". Playback. Retrieved April 12, 2017.
- "Orangeville resident a star of The Stanley Dynamic on YTV". Orangeville Citizen. March 11, 2015. Retrieved May 8, 2017.
- Maija Hoggett (March 16, 2015). "Alliston girl lands role in YTV sitcom". Simcoe. Retrieved May 13, 2017.
- James Matthews (February 27, 2017). "Orangeville's Tiny Tim grows up and hits the small screen". Orangeville Banner. Retrieved May 13, 2017.
- Marisa Roque (February 25, 2017). "Fil-Canadian shines in TV sitcom "The Stanley Dynamic"". Inquirer. Retrieved April 13, 2017.
- Hank, Melissa (February 26, 2017). "Telly With Melly: Lethal Weapon, First Dates, The Stanley Dynamic". Canada.com. Retrieved May 10, 2017.
- Freeman, Molly (January 14, 2016). "The 'Degrassi: Next Class' Cast Adds 5 Newcomers To The Students We Already Know". Bustle. Retrieved June 25, 2017.
- Chris Jancelewicz (March 22, 2017). "Kate and Dave Hewlett, sister and brother team, reunite on 'The Stanley Dynamic'". Global News. Retrieved May 13, 2017.
- Greg David (January 24, 2017). "The Stanley Dynamic Returns to YTV With New Season Beginning February 27". TV, Eh?. Retrieved May 13, 2017.