The Story of a Crime
|The Story of a Crime|
|История одного преступления|
|Directed by||Fyodor Khitruk|
|Screenplay by||Michael Volpin|
|Narrated by||Zinovy Gerdt|
|Music by||Andrey Babaev|
|19 min. 54 sec.|
The Story of a Crime (Russian: История одного преступления, translit. Istoriya odnogo prestupleniya) is a 1962 Soviet animated film directed by Fyodor Khitruk and based on a screenplay by Michael Volpin. It was produced by Soyuzmultfilm. The score is by Andrey Babaev, with sound editing by George Martynuk.
It was the first film by Khitruk, whose role in the history of Russian animation led him to be recognized as a People's Artist of the USSR and a Meritorious Artist, and to receive the Order of the Red Banner of Labour and the Order "For Merit to the Fatherland".
Noises at night made by rude neighbors cause the very friendly and peaceful Vasily Mamin to commit a crime. The cartoon serves as an explanation as of why such a brutal crime is committed at the beginning. It is a flashback at how Mamin spent his last 24 hours before the crime.
- Zinovy Gerdt as Narrator
- 9th International Short Film Festival in Oberkhauzen (Federal Republic of Germany), 1963
- Diploma and The Golden Gates Prize of the 7th International Cinema Festival in San Francisco, 1962
- The Story of a Crime at the Internet Movie Database
- The Story of a Crime at animator.ru
- Dazzling animations at Tampere Film Festival web page
- The Spirit Of Genius: Feodor Khitruk by William Moritz
- Konstantin Bronzit, Alesha Popovich and Tugarin the Serpent (Alesha Popovich i Tugarin Zmei) (2004) at Kinokultura.com
|This article related to Soviet film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This animated film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|