The Stranger (short story collection)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Cover of the first edition
|Author||Gordon R. Dickson|
|Genre||Science fiction short stories|
|Media type||Print (Paperback)|
The Stranger is a collection of science fiction stories by Gordon R. Dickson. It was first published by Tor Books in 1987. Most of the stories originally appeared in the magazines Fantasy and Science Fiction, Satellite, Imagination, Astounding, Saturn, Analog Science Fiction and Fact, Fantastic, Science Fiction Stories, Future and If.
- "God Bless Them"
- "E Gubling Dow"
- "The Strange"
- "The Friendly Man"
- "MX Knows Best"
- "The Quarry"
- "Three-Part Puzzle"
- "IT, Out of Darkest Jungle"
- "The Green Building"
- "Tempus Non Fugit"
- "Cloak and Stagger"
- "And Then There Was Peace"
- "The Catch"
- Brown, Charles N.; William G. Contento. "The Locus Index to Science Fiction (1984-1998)". Retrieved 2008-01-21.
- Clute, John; Peter Nicholls (1995). The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction. New York: St. Martin's Griffin. p. 332. ISBN 0-312-13486-X.
- Underhill, Brian (March 1987), "Familiarity Breeds. . . Enjoyment", Fantasy Review, Westport, Connecticut: Meckler Publishing Corporation, 10 (4): 39, ISSN 0747-234X