The Strip (Australian TV series)
|Directed by||Shawn Seet
Frankie J. Holden
|Country of origin||Australia|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||13 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Jo Horsburgh|
|Running time||43–44 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Knapman-Wyld Productions|
|Original network||Nine Network|
|Original release||4 September – 27 November 2008|
The Strip is an Australian television drama series that screened on the Nine Network. The series premiered on the Nine Network at 8:30pm on 4 September 2008 but was moved to a later 10:30pm timeslot from 13 November 2008. The show did not return for a second season, due to disappointing ratings.
The Strip is a police detective drama series that follows investigations into crimes on the Gold Coast, Queensland, colloquially referred to as "The Strip". Visually, the program took much inspiration from CSI: Miami and was filmed with images of sparkling surf, aerial shots of buildings and golden sands, as well as similar post production filters and colouring. It had a budget of A$7.8 million.
- Aaron Jeffery (McLeod's Daughters) as Detective Jack Cross
- Vanessa Gray as Detective Frances "Frankie" Tully
- Simone McAullay (Blue Heelers) as Plain Clothes Constable Jessica McCay
- Bob Morley (Home and Away) as Plain Clothes Constable Tony Moretti
- Frankie J. Holden as Inspector Max Nelson
- Ozzie Devrish as Vladimir
The Strip was released on DVD on 4 July 2009.
- Knox, David (2008-08-20). "Airdate:The Strip". tvtonight.com.au. Retrieved 2008-08-20.[dead link]
- Axed: The Strip
- Knox, David (2008-09-03). "Review:The Strip". tvtonight.com.au. Retrieved 2008-09-08.
- Knox, David (2008-05-05). "Nine announces cast for The Strip". tvtonight.com.au. Archived from the original on 6 May 2008. Retrieved 2008-05-05.
- The Strip - Ninemsn Official Website (now removed after the axing)
- Download for Free episodes of "The Strip" from Ninemsn website
- The Strip at TV.com
|This article about a television show originating in Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|