The Summer Is Magic
|"The Summer is Magic"|
|Single by Playahitty|
|Released||28 July 1994|
|Label||Conte Max Music|
|Playahitty singles chronology|
"The Summer Is Magic" is a song by the Italian Eurodance group Playahitty, released in July 1994 as their first single. It was successful on the charts in the summer and autumn that year in several countries of Continental Europe, like in Italy, where the track reached the number two position on the Top 40 singles chart. Particularly fit to the illuminated dance floors, it reached the Top 40 also in Argentina, Austria, Brazil, Colombia, Denmark, France, Germany, Mexico, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
The Italian singer Giovanna Bersola sang the lead vocals for the song, as well as for the 1993 hit "The Rhythm of the Night" by the Eurodance Corona music group. The synth line take the melody from instrumental song "Axel F" by German musician Harold Faltermeyer.
Music & Media wrote, "Just at the moment when summer is over, this Euro dance single with the voice of Corona brings back memories of your holiday in Italy better than any photo album could ever do."
"The Summer Is Magic" was a major hit on the charts in Europe. It peaked at number 2 in Italy and was a Top 20 hit in Austria, Denmark, Spain and Switzerland . Additionally, it entered the Top 40 in the Netherlands, France, Germany and Sweden, as well as on the Eurochart Hot 100, where it reached number 36 in September 1994. It did not chart on the UK Singles Chart. Outside Europe, the single was successful in Israel, peaking at number 7 and in Canada, where it hit number 8 on the RPM Dance chart. It also charted in Argentina, Brazil, Colombia and Mexico.
- July 1995Exotica feat. Itsy Foster - The Summer is Magic (reached #68 in the UK Singles Chart):
- 2008Daisy Dee - The Summer is Magic:
- "Playahitty (Italy) Eurodance group". The Eurodance Encyclopædia. KDJ Eurodance. Retrieved 1 December 2020.
- "Playhitty - The Summer is Magic (Chanson)". Les Charts (in French). Retrieved 1 December 2020.
- http://www.musicline.de/de/chartverfolgung_summary/artist/PLAYAHITTY/single[dead link]
- "Playahitty – The Summer is Magic". dance 90.it (in Italian). Retrieved 30 January 2021.
- "Singles" (PDF). Music & Media. 11 (37). 10 September 1994. p. 10. Retrieved 1 December 2020.
- Canadian dance peak[dead link]
- Danish Singles Chart 30 September 1994
- "Music & Media: Eurochart Hot 100 Singles" (PDF). Music & Media. 11 (39). 24 September 1994. p. 15. Retrieved 1 December 2020.
- "Playahitty The Summer Is Magic". top40 (in Dutch). Retrieved 1 December 2020.
- German peak position[dead link]
- "I singoli più venduti del 1994". Hit Parade Italia (in Italian). Retrieved 1 December 2020.
- Salaverri, Fernando (September 2005). Sólo éxitos: año a año, 1959–2002 (1st ed.). Spain: Fundación Autor-SGAE. ISBN 84-8048-639-2.
- "Dutchcharts.nl – Playahitty – The Summer Is Magic 2008" (in Dutch). Single Top 100.
- "Jaarlijsten 1995" (in Dutch). Stichting Nederlandse Top 40. Retrieved 3 December 2019.
- Official Charts Company[dead link]