The Sunday Mail (Brisbane)
Front page of The Sunday Mail
15 July 2007
|Owner(s)||News Corp Australia|
|Headquarters||Bowen Hills Queensland|
The Sunday Mail is Brisbane's only Sunday newspaper. The Sunday Mail is published in tabloid format, comprising several sections that can be extracted and read separately. It is available for purchase throughout Queensland, most regions of Northern New South Wales and parts of the Northern Territory.
The newspaper is published by Queensland Newspapers, part of News Corp Australia, whose parent company is News Corp. The editorial office is located at Bowen Hills, in Brisbane's inner northern suburbs, and the newspaper is printed in the suburb of Murarrie.
The December 2006 Roy Morgan Readership poll put the newspaper's circulation at 601,357, with readership at 1,515,000, making it the third most read Sunday newspaper in Australia.
As of 2013 The Sunday Mail costs A$2.50.
Liz Deegan succeeded Michael Prain as editor in September 2006. Prain, who was editor of the newspaper for almost a decade, was appointed managing editor, digital media, of Queensland Newspapers. As she prepared to take over as editor, Deegan said: "I'm excited by the challenge of editing the biggest -selling newspaper in Australia's fastest growing state and ensuring its circulation keeps pace with the rapid growth of Queensland."
In June 2013, The Sunday Mail announced that Peter Gleeson would take over the role of editor from Scott Thompson.
The Sunday Mail was published in a new design, featuring a new masthead, updated typography and somewhat different supplements on 15 July 2007.
- The Sunday Mail (Qld) (15 June 2013). "Peter Gleeson and Chris Dore have been appointed to new roles at News Limited". Couriermail.com.au. The Courier Mail. Archived from the original on 1 August 2017. Retrieved 1 August 2017.
- Roy Morgan Readership Results for the Year Ending December 2006
- Liz Deegan new editor of Brisbane’s Sunday Mail
- Dawn of a bright era | Courier Mail Water Cooler Blog
- "Sunday Mail (Brisbane) December 26 1954". Trove. Retrieved 9 October 2014.
- "Newspaper and magazine titles". Trove. Retrieved 9 October 2014.
- "Newspaper Digitisation Program". Trove. Retrieved 9 October 2014.