The Super Destroyers
|The Super Destroyers|
Hunter Q. Robbins III (manager)
6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)
6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)
|610 lb (280 kg)|
The Super Destroyers is a Professional wrestling Tag team consisting of Doug Stahl and A.J. Petrucci. They both currently perform on Independent circuit and they are best known for their stint in NWA Eastern Championship Wrestling where they were the first-ever and longest reigning tag team champions.
Eastern Championship Wrestling (1992-1993)
Super Destroyers was formed in 1992 in NWA Eastern Championship Wrestling by Doug Stahl and AJ Petrucci. They both united together because they thought that this was the only way for them to become popular. They hired Hunter Q. Robbins III as their manager. This team was a team of super heavyweights and they both masked themselves. After the formation of their tag team, they quickly participated in a tournament for the ECW Tag Team Championship that was held on June 23, 1992. In the first round, they defeated Jimmy Jannetty and JT Smith. In the final round, they defeated The Night Breed (Glen Osbourne & Max Thrasher) to become the first-ever ECW Tag Team Champions.
Super Destroyers made the first title defense of the titles on July 14. Super Destroyers had a good impact over the tag team division of ECW as they beat all of their challengers. Every tag team fell down in front of this satanic team.
On January 23, 1993, Super Destroyers defeated the WWA Tag Team Champions Lords of Darkness in a title vs. title match where their ECW Tag Team Championship was also on the line. On the televised shows of ECW, Super Destroyers started a feud with the tag team of Tony Stetson and Larry Winters.
The long reign of Super Destroyers as ECW Tag Team Champions finally ended on April 2 when they dropped the titles to the team of Larry Winters and Tony Stetson. This made Super Destroyers the longest reigning champions with a reign of 283 days. They won their second ECW Tag Team Championship on May 15 from Suicide Blondes but lost the titles to them back at the same day. Their tag team ended when Super Destroyer #1 turned on Super Destroyer #2.
Championships and accomplishments
- National Wrestling League / House of Pain Wrestling Federation
- HoPWF Tag Team Championship (1 time)
- World Wrestling Association
- WWA Tag Team Championship (1 time)
- "ECW results - June 23, 1992". Wrestling Supercards and Tournaments. Retrieved 2007-09-15.
- "ECW Tag Team Championship official title history". WWE.Com. Retrieved 2007-09-15.
- "ECW results - July 14, 1992". Wrestling Supercards and Tournaments. Retrieved 2007-09-15.
- "ECW results - January 23, 1993". Wrestling Supercards and Tournaments. Retrieved 2007-09-15.
- "ECW 1993 results". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved 2007-09-15.
- "ECW results - April 2, 1993". Wrestling Supercards and Tournaments. Retrieved 2007-09-15.
- "ECW Tag Team Championship title history". Complete WWE.Com. Retrieved 2007-09-15.
- "ECW results - May 15, 1993". Wrestling Supercards and Tournaments. Retrieved 2007-09-15.
- "E.C.W. World Tag Team Title". Puroresu Dojo. 2003. Retrieved 2008-07-17.
- Royal Duncan & Gary Will (2000). Wrestling Title Histories (4th ed.). Archeus Communications. ISBN 0-9698161-5-4.
January 26, 2013 the Super Destroyers with Hunter Q captured the DWF/LOCO tag team titles in Phidelphia, Pa. to add another notch in our resume.