The Take (2007 film)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Directed by||Brad Furman|
|Written by||Jonas Pate
|Music by||Chris Hajian|
|Edited by||Edie Bleiman|
The Take is a 2007 film directed by Brad Furman and starring John Leguizamo, Tyrese Gibson, Bobby Cannavale, and Rosie Perez. The film is a crime drama about an armored-truck driver who survives a violent hijacking and becomes obsessed with tracking down his attackers. It was released on April 11, 2008.
Felix De La Pena (John Leguizamo) is a hardworking armored-truck driver, a loving husband to his wife Marina (Rosie Perez) and a caring father of two in Los Angeles's Boyle Heights neighborhood. After being abducted and shot in the head during a hijacking led by Adell Baldwin (Tyrese Gibson), Felix loses his memory, exhibits erratic post-trauma behavior, and is framed as a prime suspect for the crime. Since he cannot provide any leads to FBI agent Steve Perelli (Bobby Cannavale), Felix is forced to try to find his assailant by himself.
- John Leguizamo as Felix De La Pena
- Tyrese Gibson as Adell Baldwin
- Bobby Cannavale as Agent Steve Perelli
- Rosie Perez as Marina De La Pena
- Weitzman, Elizabeth (2008-04-11). "'The Take' a sturdy vehicle for John Leguizamo". Daily News.
- Anderson, John (2007-10-02). "The Take Review". Variety.
- Saltz, Rachel (2008-04-11). "Daily Life and Its Disruption". The New York Times.
- Associated Press (2008-04-07). "Rosie Perez: Filming Sex Scene With John Leguizamo for 'The Take' Was 'Very Awkward'". Fox News.
- Saltz, Rachel (11 April 2008). "Movie Review: The Take. Daily Life and Its Disruption". The New York Times. Retrieved 18 March 2016.
- Official website
- Toronto International Film Festival
- The Take at the Internet Movie Database
- The Take at Rotten Tomatoes
|This article about a 2000s crime drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|