Opening title card
|Created by||Grosvenor Films|
|Starring||Voices of Peter Sellers, Harry Secombe and Spike Milligan|
|Music by||Edward White|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of episodes||26|
|Running time||15 minutes per episode|
|Original release||5 October 1963 – 1 August 1964|
The Telegoons is a comedy puppet show, adapted from the highly successful BBC radio comedy show of the 1950s, The Goon Show produced for BBC television and first shown during 1963 and 1964. Two series of 13 episodes were made. The series was briefly repeated immediately after its original run, and all episodes are known to have survived. Harry Secombe, Peter Sellers and Spike Milligan reprised their original voice roles from the radio series and appeared in promotional photos with some of the puppets from the series. Among the puppeteers were Ann Field, John Dudley, and Violet Phelan.
The only official broadcasts of any Telegoons material since the 1960s were a short excerpt, claimed to have been newly printed from the original negative, shown on the 1980s BBC archive series Windmill, and a brief excerpt during the quiz programme Telly Addicts. However DVD compilations of all episodes (from unknown sources) are available on eBay and other outlets.
A lengthy excerpt from a cast recording for the episode "The Lost Colony" is included on The Goon Show Compendium Volume 11 CD box set. The recording, made at Olympic Studios, is taken from a tape kept by the studio's former owner.
Comic book adaptation
1. The Ascent of Mount Everest - 5 October, 1963 2. The Lost Colony - 12 October, 1963 3. The Fear of Wages - 19 October, 1963 4. Napoleon's Piano - 26 October, 1963 5. The Last Tram - 2 November, 1963 6. China Story - 16 November, 1963 7. The Canal - 23 November, 1963 8. The Choking Horror - 30 November, 1963 9. The Hastings Flyer - 7 December, 1963 10. The Mystery of the Marie (sic) Celeste Solved? - 14 December, 1963 11. The International Christmas Pudding - 21 December, 1963
12. Scradge - 28 March, 1964 13. The Booted Gorilla - 4 April, 1964 14. The Underwater Mountain - 11 April, 1964 15. The Dreaded Batter Pudding Hurler of Bexhill-on-Sea - 18 April, 1964 16. Tales of Old Dartmoor - 25 April, 1964 17. Lurgi Strikes Britain - 2 May, 1964 18. Captain Seagoon R.N. - 9 May, 1964 19. The Frist Albert Memorial to the Moon - 16 May, 1964 20. The Whistling Spy Enigma - 23 May, 1964 21. Tales of Montmartre - 30 May, 1964 22. The African Ship Canal - 6 June, 1964 23. The Affair of the Lone Banana - 13 June, 1964 24. The Terrible Revenge of Fred Fu-Manchu - 20 June, 1964 25. The Nadger Plague - 27 June, 1964 26. The Siege of Fort Knight, or, The Underwater Gas-Stove - 18 July, 1964
- "GOONOGRAPHY". roxburgh.org.
- "The Telegoons (a Titles & Air Dates Guide)". epguides.com.
- "People". roxburgh.org.
- "The anniversary of the first showing of 'The Telegoons'". 6 October 2013.
- "The Telegoons 4 Dual Layer DVDs Goon Show Puppet TV Series". store.earthstation1.com.
- "The Goon Show Compendium: Volume 11 (Series 9, Pt 2 & Series 10), Twenty episodes of the classic BBC radio comedy series by Spike Milligan". www.penguin.co.uk.
- "Bill Titcombe". lambiek.net.
- The Telegoons on IMDb
- The Official G.S.P.S. Telegoons tribute site
- Rare British Television Reviews — The Telegoons
|This article related to a BBC television programme is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|