The Telegraph (Calcutta)
The 20 August 2013 front page of
|Founded||7 July 1982|
|Headquarters||6, Prafulla Sarkar Street, Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Circulation||466,001 Daily (as of Jul-Dec 2016)|
|Sister newspapers||Anandabazar Patrika
The Telegraph is an Indian English daily newspaper founded and continuously published in Kolkata since 7 July 1982. It is published by the ABP Group and the newspaper competes with The Times of India. According to the Audit Bureau of Circulations, it has a circulation of 466,001 copies as of Jul-Dec 2016. The newspaper is the fifth most-widely read English newspaper in India as per Indian Readership Survey (IRS) 2014.
The Telegraph was founded on 7 July 1982. The designer director of Sunday Times, London Edwin Taylor designed the newspaper provided a standard in design and editing. In 31 years, it has become the largest circulated English daily in the eastern region published from Kolkata. In 1982, M. J. Akbar used to edit and design the daily newspaper; thus it had a major impact on newspaper journalism in India.
The Telegraph is published by media group Ananda Publishers closely associated with ABP Pvt. Ltd; the group also published Anandabazar Patrika (a Bengali language newspaper) since 13 March 1922. Apart from newspapers the group even published Bengali and English periodicals like Anandamela, Unish-Kuri, Sananda, Anandalok, Desh magazine, The Telegraph in Schools and Career.
- "Submission of circulation figures for the audit period Jul - Dec 2016" (PDF). Audit Bureau of Circulations. Retrieved 5 January 2016.
- "Indian Readership Survey (IRS) 2014" (PDF). Newswatch.in. 30 June 2010. Retrieved 16 October 2007.
-  Media Newsline.com Retrieved on 30 October 2009
-  About The Telegraph Retrieved on 30 October 2009
- "ABP Group launches Bengali tabloid, Ebela". afaqs. 17 September 2012. Retrieved 18 March 2014.
- Bhattacharyya, Anushree. "Exchange4media's Anurag Batra, investment banker Vikram Jhunjhunwala buy Businessworld from ABP". Financial Express. Retrieved 18 March 2014.
- "ABP Mamta brawl". Scroll.in. Retrieved 25 May 2017.