The Third Decade is a 1984 album by the Art Ensemble of Chicago released on the ECM label. It features performances by Lester Bowie, Joseph Jarman, Roscoe Mitchell, Malachi Favors Maghostut and Don Moye.
The Allmusic review by Stephen Cook states "Third Decade marked both the end of their relationship with the ECM label and the beginning of a more streamlined stretch of music making".
The Penguin Guide to Jazz on CD reviewed the album negatively, calling it "nothing so much as the atrophy of a once-radical band."
- "Prayer for Jimbo Kwesi" (Jarman) - 9:52
- "Funky Aeco" (Art Ensemble of Chicago) - 7:43
- "Walking in the Moonlight" (Mitchell) - 4:11
- "The Bell Piece" (Mitchell) - 6:07
- "Zero" (Bowie) - 6:00
- "Third Decade" (Art Ensemble of Chicago) - 8:19
- Recorded June, 1984 in Ludwigsburg