The Third Industrial Revolution
|Subject||Energy, Economics, Sharing economy|
|Media type||Print (hardcover)|
The Third Industrial Revolution; How Lateral Power is Transforming Energy, the Economy, and the World is a book by Jeremy Rifkin published in 2011. The premise of the book is that fundamental economic change occurs when new communication technologies converge with new energy regimes, mainly, renewable electricity.
The sharing economy is also explored as a crucial element of the Third Industrial Revolution.
- Lateral thinking
- 100% renewable energy
- Digital revolution
- Sharing economy
- Other books by Jeremy Rifkin:
- Jeremy Rifkin, Nicolas Easley. "Jeremy Rifkin and The Third Industrial Revolution Home Page". thethirdindustrialrevolution.com. Archived from the original on 2017-02-25. Retrieved 2013-04-12.
- "NY Times Best Seller List". NY Times. Retrieved October 23, 2011.
- "Innovation Hub - Great Minds, Great Conversations - Recent Entries". Innovation Hub - WGBH.org Blogs.[permanent dead link]
- "Innovation Hub - Great Minds, Great Conversations - Power to the People". Innovation Hub - WGBH.org Blogs.