The Three Robbers
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|The Three Robbers|
|Directed by||Hayo Freitag|
|Written by||Hayo Freitag (screenplay adaptation)
Tomi Ungerer (book)
Achim von Borries (writer)
Bettine von Borries (writer)
|Narrated by||Tomi Ungerer|
|Music by||Kenneth Pattengale|
|Edited by||Lars Jordan
Animation X Gesellschaft zur Produktion von Animationsfilmen mbH
The book was adapted as a full-length feature film by Hayo Freitag, released in mid-2007 as Die Drei Rauber. This was adapted into a French version called Les Trois Brigands then an English one called Trick or Treaters.
The three robbers are very successful in their exploits, but one day there is a different treasure in the carriage they have stopped. There is only a lonely girl named Tiffany on her way to live with a wicked aunt, so the robbers carry Tiffany off to their hideout. When Tiffany sees all of the treasure the robbers have collected, she asks what it is for, and the robbers have no answer. Later the robbers decide to open an orphanage with their wealth and all uncared for children go to live there.
The book was first published in 1961. In October 2008 Phaidon Press published a new English-language edition, and a month later Strasbourg-based publisher La Nuée Bleue put out a trilingual version (Die drei Raiwer) in Alsatian, French and German.
- Robber #1 (has a blunderbuss to threaten the passengers).
- Robber #2 (has a pepper-blower to blind the horses).
- Robber #3 (has a huge red axe to chop the carriage wheels).
- Joachim Król ... Robber Malente German voice
- Bela B. Felsenheimer ... Robber Flinn German voice
- Charly Hübner ... Robber Donnerjakob German voice
- Katharina Thalbach ... Wunderliche Tante German voice
- Elena Kreil ... Tiffany German voice
- Konstantin Seldenstücker ... Gregory German voice
- Maximilian Roca Jungfer ... Nikolas German voice
- Erwin Leder ... Kutscher German voice
- Hayo Freitag ... Gendarm German voice
- Tomi Ungerer ... Narrator German voice
- Taylor Bertman ... Tiffany American voice
- Marc Graue as ... Maximus American voice
- Michael Sorich as ... Dominik and Policeman American voice
- Lex Lang as ... Felix American voice
- Charity James as ... Auntie American voice
- Gabe Eggerling as ... Gregory American voice
- Cole Stand as ... Nikolas American voice
- Paulette Victor Lifton as ... Kids American voice
- Terrence Stone as ... Coachman American voice
- Roger Jackson as The Narrator American voice
The film received the second prize for Animated Feature Film or Video in the Adult Jury Prizes at the Chicago International Children's Film Festival in 2007, and in 2008 and 2009 was awarded first prizes and audience awards at film festivals in Hamburg (Germany), Paris, Bordeaux, Annecy (France), Poznan (Poland), Bilbao (Spain), Brussels, Ghent (Belgium), Bucharest (Romania), and Toronto. It received the audience Award at the Annecy International Animated Film Festival, 2008. Trick or Treaters DVD was released in September 6, 2016 in United States.
- "Awards". Chicago International Children's Film Festival. Retrieved 2007-12-13.
|This article about a children's novel of the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See guidelines for writing about novels. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.
|This animated film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|