The Three Stooges Scrapbook
|The Three Stooges Scrapbook|
|Genre||Sitcom, Television pilot|
|Directed by||Sidney Miller|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||1|
|Running time||20 minutes|
Three Stooges Scrapbook was an unaired 1960s television pilot starring The Three Stooges (Moe Howard, Larry Fine and Curly-Joe DeRita). In the opening title and Hollywood trade ads, the show's title is spelled without "The," including a promotional photograph of the Stooges holding an oversized scrapbook. The pilot featured the slapstick trio getting evicted from a rooming house for cooking in their apartment, looking for a new place to live, finding refuge in the home of a mad inventor (played by Emil Sitka), and presenting an animated short called The Spain Mutiny that imagines the funnymen as part of Christopher Columbus’ crew.
Three Stooges Scrapbook was filmed in color and produced by Norman Maurer (Moe Howard’s son-in-law), who hoped to establish a weekly program for children’s television. When no network wanted to pursue the project as a series, Maurer divided the pilot into two short films that were released to theaters in 1963. Maurer also reprinted the live action scenes in black-and-white and incorporated them into the 1962 feature film The Three Stooges in Orbit.
To date, the original pilot has never been released on home video.
The Three Stooges Scrapbook is also the title of a 1982 book written by Stooge experts Jeff and Greg Lenburg and Joan Howard Maurer (Moe Howard's daughter and Norman Maurer's wife).
- Moe Howard - Moe
- Larry Fine - Larry
- Joe DeRita - Curly Joe
- Emil Sitka - Prof. Dolottle
- Marjorie Eaton - Mrs. McGinnis
- Don Lamond - Announcer/Stage Manager
- Edward Innes - Landlord
- Albert Grazier - Butler
- Director: Sidney Miller
- Writer: Elwood Ullman
- Producer: Norman Maurer
- Starring: Larry Fine, Moe Howard, Joe DeRita
- Featuring: Emil Sitka, Marjorie Eaton, Don Lamond, Edward Innes, Albert Grazier
- Music Composer and Conductor: Paul Dunlap
- Title Song: George Dunning (music) and Stanley Styne (lyrics)
- Vocals: The Eligibles
- Director of Photography: Hal McAlpin
- Film Editor: Chuck Gladden
- Assistant Director: Harry Slott
- Chief Electrician: Robert Petzoldt
- Sound Recorder: Leon Leon
- Property Master: Chick Chicetti
- Set Decorator: Frank Lombardo
- Script Supervisor: Joe Franklin
- Makeup: Ted Coodley
- Costumer: Jack Angel
- Grip: Tex Hayes
- Laboratory: Consolidated Film Industries
- Sound: Glen Glenn
- Costume Designer: Sascha Brastoff
- "The Three Stooges Scrapbook". The Three Stooges Online Filmography. Retrieved 2009-05-03.
- Jeff Lenburg, Joan Howard Maurer and Greg Lenburg (1994). The Three Stooges Scrapbook. Citadel Press. p. 267. ISBN 0-8065-0946-5.
- Nathan Cobb (September 26, 1986). "The 3 Stooges: More Than You Wanted to Know About Larry, Moe, Shemp and the Curlys". Boston Globe. Retrieved 2009-05-03.