This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Ayat Al-Kursi (Arabic: آية الكرسي 'āyat ul-kursi) often known in English as The Throne Verse is the 255th verse of the 2nd surah of the Quran, Al-Baqarah. The verse speaks about how nothing and nobody is regarded to be comparable to Allah.
This is one of the best-known verses of the Quran and is widely memorised and displayed in the Islamic world. 
Text and translation
اللَّهُ لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ الْحَيُّ الْقَيُّومُ لاَ تَأْخُذُهُ سِنَةٌ وَلاَ نَوْمٌ لَهُ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الأَرْضِ مَنْ ذَا الَّذِي يَشْفَعُ عِنْدَهُ إِلاَّ بِإِذْنِهِ يَعْلَمُ مَا بَيْنَ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَمَا خَلْفَهُمْ وَلاَ يُحِيطُونَ بِشَيْءٍ مِنْ عِلْمِهِ إِلاَّ بِمَا شَاءَ وَسِعَ كُرْسِيُّهُ السَّمَوٰتِ وَالأَرْضَ وَلاَ يَئُودُهُ حِفْظُهُمَا وَهُوَ الْعَلِيُّ الْعَظِيمُ
allāhu lā ʾilāha ʾillā huwa l-ḥayyu l-qayyūmu
Allah! There is no deity but Him, the Alive, the Eternal.
Because the Throne Verse is believed to grant spiritual or physical protection, it is often recited by Muslims before setting out on a journey and before going to sleep.
Ayat al-Kursi is regarded as one of the most powerful ayahs in the Quran because when it is recited, the greatness of God is believed to be confirmed. It is stated in the hadith that one who recites Ayat al-Kursi will be under the protection of God for that night. The person who recites this ayah morning and evening will be under protection of Allah from the evil of the jinns; this is also known as the daily adkhar.
It is used in exorcism, to cure and protect from Jinns. 
Symmetry of Verses
Ayat al-Kursi displays an internal symmetry comprising concentric looping verses surrounding a pivotal chiasm 'x' of the type A B C D X D' C' B' A'. The reciter imagines him or herself walking through Ayat al-Kursi until reaching the centre, seeing what is in front and what is behind, and finds they represent a perfect reflection of each other.  The central chiasm is represented by "yaʿlamu mā bayna ʾaydīhim wa-mā ḫalfahum meaning "He knows what is before them and what is behind them". This is flanked symmetrically outwards so that A corresponds to A', B corresponds to B', and so forth. For example, line 3 "he is the lord of the heavens and the earth" corresponds to line 7 "his throne extends over heavens and earth".
- Abdullah Yusuf Ali (1983) [First published 1934]. The Holy Qur'ān: Text, Translation and Commentary. Brentwood, Maryland: Amana Corp. pp. 102–103.
- Seyyed Hossein Nasr, ed. (2018). The Study Quran. HarperCollins Publishers. p. 110.
- Quran 2:255 (Translated by Pickthall)
- "Quran Tafsir Ibn Kathir - the Virtue of Ayat Al-Kursi".
- http://quranic-musings.blogspot.com/2014/10/chiastic-structuring-in-ayat-al-kursi.html. Missing or empty
- Ayat al Kursi – آية الكرسي – the Verse of the Throne
- Virtues of Ayatul Kursi from Tafsir ibn Kathir
- Learn Ayatul Kursi with Audio
- AYATUL KURSI - Benefits with Arabic and English Translation
- [http.com/ayatul-kursi-read-online/ Ayatul Kursi Read Online]
- Ayatul Kursi in English - MP3 Audio and List of Benefits