|Created by||Jed Spingarn|
|Opening theme||"Livin' a Double Life" performed by Kira Kosarin and Jack Griffo|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||68 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||22–25 minutes|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Original release||October 14, 2013– present|
The Thundermans is an American superhero live-action comedy television series that premiered on Nickelodeon on October 14, 2013. The series was created by Jed Spingarn. Nickelodeon announced that it ordered 20 episodes for the show. The show stars Kira Kosarin, Jack Griffo, Addison Riecke, Diego Velazquez, Chris Tallman, and Rosa Blasi. The preview received 2.4 million viewers.
The show revolves around the Thundermans, a suburban family with superpowers, who are living normal lives in Hiddenville; the show specifically focuses on teenage twins Phoebe, who is currently a fully-fledged superhero, and Max, who is working to be a supervillain.
- Phoebe Thunderman (Kira Kosarin) is a superheroine twin to Max and older sister to Billy, Nora, and Chloe. Her superhero alias is Thunder Girl. She is very responsible, a straight A student, and tries to play by the "no powers" rule. She has telekinesis, freeze breath, and heat breath. In "Thundersense", Phoebe develops a new ability called Thundersense, which warns her if she and others are in danger. At the beginning of the series, Phoebe is 14 years old.
- Max Thunderman (Jack Griffo) is a supervillain twin to Phoebe and older brother to Billy, Nora, and Chloe. He wants to attend Villain University when he gets older. His basement bedroom serves as his evil lair and it is also where he keeps Dr. Colosso, a supervillain Thunder Man turned into a rabbit. He has the same powers as Phoebe, and like his twin sister, he is 14 at the beginning of the series.
- Nora Thunderman (Addison Riecke) is the second youngest of the Thunderman family and a mischievous little sister to Phoebe, Max, and Billy and older sister to Chloe. Her superpower is laser vision. She can easily recruit Billy into any scheme of hers, as she scares him a bit.
- Billy Thunderman (Diego Velazquez) is the third-born Thunderman child. He is an energetic little brother to Phoebe and Max and older brother to Nora and Chloe. His superpower is super-speed.
- Hank Thunderman (Chris Tallman) is the husband to Barb and father to Phoebe, Max, Billy, Nora, and Chloe. His superhero alias is Thunder Man. His superpowers are flying and super-strength. He has now half-unwillingly retired as a superhero in order to give his kids a stable and normal home. He still uses his powers to fly to places around the world.
- Barb Thunderman (Rosa Blasi) is the wife to Hank and mother to Phoebe, Max, Billy, Nora, and Chloe. Her superhero alias is Electress. Her superpower is controlling electricity and lightning. Unlike her husband, she is completely okay with leaving her superheroine life behind. She does, however, agree with Hank that Max is going through a supervillain "phase" that needs to end quickly.
- Chloe Thunderman (Maya Le Clark) is the youngest Thunderman child and baby sister to Phoebe, Max, Billy, and Nora. Barb gave birth to her in "A Hero is Born". Chloe's babyhood superpower was making bubbles, and her current permitted superpower is teleportation.
- Dr. Colosso (Dana Snyder) is one of the world's greatest villains and Hank's former nemesis until Hank transformed him into a rabbit while still Thunder Man. He is kept in Max's bedroom. It is shown that he likes Max very much. In "A Hero Is Born", Dr. Colosso was temporarily turned back to his human form so he could go get an award. His puppet is performed by Stephen, Edward, & Charles Chiodo.
- Cherry (Audrey Whitby) is Phoebe's best friend who is bubbly, tech-savvy, dimwitted, and unaware that the Thundermans have superpowers. However, in "A Hero Is Born", she learns all about their superpowers.
- Cousin Blobbin (Harvey Guillen) is the sidekick of Barb's deceased millionaire Uncle Wilfred. In his will, Wilfred left his enormous fortune and mansion for Blobbin. Blobbin is very sensitive, but, at the same time, extremely devoted to family and usually helps the Thundermans in whatever way he can.
- Mrs. Wong (Helen Hong) is the owner of a pizza restaurant who is never nice to anyone, especially to the Thundermans. In her debut, Phoebe and Max take up jobs in her restaurant, but end getting fired after they inadvertently destroy her kitchen, thus igniting her contempt for the twins and their family.
- Oyster (Tanner Stine) is a guitarist boy who is in Max's new band as of "Pheebs Will Rock You". Phoebe initially had a crush on him until she learned that he is somewhat crazy.
- Gideon (Kenny Ridwan) is a boy in Max's new band.
- Madison (Brooke Sorenson) is a cheerleader at Hiddenville High. She is the head of the cheerleading squad and often calls for cheer chats with the other cheerleaders.
- Wolfgang (Jake Borelli) is a drum player of Max's band.
- Sarah (Keely Marshall) is a girl who also has an obsessive crush on Max.
- Principal Bradford (Jeff Meacham) is Hiddenville High's principal.
- Link Evilman (Barrett Carnahan) is Phoebe's boyfriend who is the son of Hank's former supervillain nemesis, Evilman. His superpower is elasticity.
- Super President Kickbutt (Daniele Gaither) is the president of the Hero League. She alerts the Thundermans of any supervillians in the area and also presents superheroes their capes.
- Allison (Ryan Newman) is Hiddenville High's do-gooder who invests in every single social cause. She is Max's girlfriend.
On August 3, 2012, Nickelodeon announced The Thundermans as one of its upcoming live-action shows.
On December 20, 2013, the series was renewed for a second season. The second season premiered on September 13, 2014.
On March 4, 2015, the series was renewed for a third season. The third season premiered on June 27, 2015.
On March 2, 2016, the series was renewed for a fourth season.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||20||October 14, 2013||June 14, 2014|
|2||24||September 13, 2014||March 28, 2015|
|3||TBA||June 27, 2015||TBA|
Awards and nominations
|2014||Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards||Favorite TV Actor||Jack Griffo||Nominated|
|2015||Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards||Nominated|
|Favorite TV Actress||Kira Kosarin||Nominated|
|2016||Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards||Favorite TV Show||The Thundermans||Won|
|Favorite Male TV Star - Kids Show||Jack Griffo||Nominated|
|Favorite Female TV Star - Kids Show||Kira Kosarin||Nominated|
The series originally aired on October 14, 2013, as a preview and premiered on November 2, 2013, on Nickelodeon. It premiered on March 30, 2014, after the Kids' Choice Awards on Nickelodeon Northern Europa. It premiered on April 2, 2014, on Nickelodeon (Africa) and Nickelodeon (Philippines) and on April 7, 2014, on Nickelodeon (UK and Ireland). It premiered on Nickelodeon (Southeast Asia) on April 1, 2014, on Nickelodeon (Australia and New Zealand) on May 5, 2014, and on Nickelodeon (Brazil) on April 7, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (October 14, 2013). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Monday Night Football' Wins Night, 'WWE Raw', 'Basketball Wives', 'Fast N Loud', 'Teen Mom 3' & More". Zap2it.
- Andreeva, Nellie (February 14, 2013). "Nickelodeon Pilot 'The Thundermans' Picked Up to Series, a Young Lead Recast". Deadline.com. Retrieved March 31, 2013.
- Andreeva, Nellie (August 3, 2012). "Nickelodeon Announces New Series & Pilots". Deadline.com. Retrieved March 31, 2013.
- "ChrisFabregas: Coming to you LIVE from a taping of the #Thundermans at Paramount Studios!". Twicsy.com. July 13, 2013. Retrieved November 5, 2013.
- "Nickelodeon auditions and casting for new series 'The Thundermans'". TV Show Auditions. Retrieved March 31, 2013.
- "The Thundermans: Nickelodeon Orders Season Two". TV Series Finale. Retrieved September 16, 2015.
- "Bella and the Bulldogs and The Thundermans Renewed by Nickelodeon". Deadline. Retrieved April 10, 2015.
- "Nickelodeon Unveils Four Live-Action Series, Animated Movie at Upfront". Variety. Retrieved March 2, 2016.
- "NickALive!". nickalive.blogspot.com. Retrieved 6 September 2015.