|Owner(s)||AIM Media Midwest|
|Founded||June 18, 1818, as Hillsborough Gazette, and Highland Advertiser|
|Headquarters||108 Governor Trimble Place, Hillsboro, Ohio 45133 U.S.|
Published as a daily since October 1, 1973 (when it was called the Hillsboro Press Gazette), The Times-Gazette traces its history back to a long succession of weekly newspapers covering Hillsboro and Highland County, Ohio, starting with the Hillsborough Gazette, and Highland Advertiser, in 1818. In February 1928 the Press Gazette began circulation when The Hillsboro Gazette and The People's Press merged. On March 12, 1996 the Press Gazette, Greenfield Daily Times, Lynchburg News and Leesburg Citizen merged to form the Times-Gazette although the first newspaper with a Times-Gazette headline wasn't until November 4, 1996.
More recently, the newspaper was owned by Brown Publishing Company of Cincinnati before that company went bankrupt and was reconstituted as Ohio Community Media in 2010. The company, including the Times-Gazette, was purchased for an undisclosed sum in 2011 by Philadelphia-based Versa Capital Management.
In 2012 Versa merged Ohio Community Media, former Freedom papers it had acquired, Impressions Media, and Heartland Publications into a new company, Civitas Media. Civitas Media sold its Ohio papers to AIM Media Midwest in 2017.
- "About Hillsborough Gazette, and Highland Advertiser". Chronicling America. Library of Congress. Retrieved June 12, 2012.
- "Hillsboro Times Gazette". Echo Media. Retrieved October 24, 2016.
- "About Hillsboro Press Gazette". Chronicling America. Library of Congress. Retrieved June 11, 2012.
- Sanctis, Matt (September 3, 2010). "Court Approves Brown Sale of Assets". Springfield News-Sun. Springfield, Ohio. Retrieved June 12, 2012.
- Staff report (May 20, 2011). "Local Newspapers Under New Ownership". Springfield News-Sun. Springfield, Ohio. Retrieved June 12, 2012.
- Business Wire, Versa Capital Announces the Formation of Civitas Media, LLC, retrieved April 10, 2017
- "Quarterly Updates - 2nd Quarter 2017". Dirks, Van Essen & Murray. 2017-06-30. Retrieved 2017-10-28.
|This article about an Ohio newspaper is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|