The Together Party
|Founded||4 April 2019|
|Colors||Purple & Yellow|
|Slogan||Rebuilding our Common Wealth|
The Together Party is an Australian political party founded in 2018 with the aim to rebuild the common wealth for all Australians. It advocates policies to restore "Government in the public interest".
Founder Mark Swivel is a lawyer, performer and writer based in Mullumbimby, New South Wales. He is the company secretary at Enova Energy, and an Ambassador for the microfinance non-profit Good Return. He is one of the party's three candidates for senators to represent New South Wales at the 2019 Australian federal election.
The Together Party has three candidates to represent New South Wales in the Australian Senate at the 2019 Australian federal election: Mark Swivel, Belinda Kinkead, engineer, and Kate McDowell, writer and performer.
The Together Party says it campaigns for the restoration of Government in the public interest, as a constructive force for positive change across Australian society.
The Together Party says it has policies that aim to make three broad changes:
- Re-prioritise taxation and government spending to better invest in education, renewables, small business, health, and climate.
- Bolster the people’s voice, agency for Indigenous Australians, NGOs, the arts, the representation of women in parliament, workers’ rights, and corporate social responsibility.
- Build greater accountability in government through transparent governing (including dealings with businesses, consultants, lobbyists), strengthening the public service, re-nationalising failing NGO service providers, establishing anti-corruption and water allocation watchdogs, and moving Australia towards becoming a republic.
- "Government can and must be for the people and the planet". The Together Party. Retrieved 15 April 2019.
- "Board of Directors". Enova Energy. Retrieved 17 April 2019.
- Shoebridge, Joanne; MacKenzie, Bruce (13 April 2019). "Would you vote to make Australia 'slightly better than average again?'". ABC North Coast. Retrieved 16 April 2019.
- "Registration of a political party The Together Party" (PDF). Australian Electoral Commission. Retrieved 15 April 2019.
- "Mark Swivel". The Together Party. Retrieved 17 April 2019.
- "Belinda Kinkead". The Together Party. Retrieved 17 April 2019.
- "Kate McDowell". The Together Party. Retrieved 17 April 2019.
- "TOGETHER. A party dedicated to Rebuilding our Common Wealth". The Together Party. Retrieved 16 April 2019.